An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Don’t you hate it when you have to complete one project in order to do another? I have to get my collection room finished ASAP so I have a place to start building the Falcon. Also the Mrs says I have to finish at least two projects before I can start another. :)

Attachments

• 51E87782-EE90-4C6F-AE39-08610456F268.jpeg
    51E87782-EE90-4C6F-AE39-08610456F268.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • 66110AB4-3875-41C3-A795-98DF49D36D36.jpeg
    66110AB4-3875-41C3-A795-98DF49D36D36.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Don’t you hate it when you have to complete one project in order to do another? I have to get my collection room finished ASAP so I have a place to start building the Falcon. Also the Mrs says I have to finish at least two projects before I can start another. :)
You're at that FANTASY stage of construction where, if it were me, I'd start thinking about installing a Death Star Docking Bay ring as the transition from one room to the next, so that it's the 5-footer Falcon that actually "invites" you into the next room...

1651599406093.png

It's your room, and your house, of course. I'm just sayin' if I had a clean palette to work with, I'd think about architectural choices as reasons to build certain walls certain ways... (I also think this concept, executed well, could be it's own private recess and "dust-free" storage area for the Falcon when not on display, as you could retract it, tilt it on its side, and then have a plexiglass screen come down like a window to cover it and protect it from dust.)

But I've been fantasizing about a larger house for over a decade now... so forgive me for projecting my dreams onto your room addition!

You're at that FANTASY stage of construction where, if it were me, I'd start thinking about installing a Death Star Docking Bay ring as the transition from one room to the next, so that it's the 5-footer Falcon that actually "invites" you into the next room...

View attachment 1571656

It's your room, and your house, of course. I'm just sayin' if I had a clean palette to work with, I'd think about architectural choices as reasons to build certain walls certain ways... (I also think this concept, executed well, could be it's own private recess and "dust-free" storage area for the Falcon when not on display, as you could retract it, tilt it on its side, and then have a plexiglass screen come down like a window to cover it and protect it from dust.)

But I've been fantasizing about a larger house for over a decade now... so forgive me for projecting my dreams onto your room addition!
I'm actually thinking about turning it into a table. I've seen a Lego Falcon table complete with DS hangar that was pretty sweet. Might just upsize it. :)

I'm actually thinking about turning it into a table. I've seen a Lego Falcon table complete with DS hangar that was pretty sweet. Might just upsize it. :)
LOVE that idea too -- though I'd worry that I couldn't see underneath it without some glaring, garish giant mirror on the bottom. A 6-foot long Falcon "Acrylic Bar" might be just the ticket, though, provided it was tall enough to show everything, wide enough to rotate it inside, and "waterproof" enough to avoid any bourbon spillage from the top where you served the drinks.

The other idea I had was simply to make it into a permanent piece of "framed art" that separated two rooms -- so in this room you got the angled topside view, and in the other room you got the reverse-angled bottomside view, with the Falcon posed "in-flight" mode.

And the other idea I had was... (okay, I'll stop now, promise)

LOVE that idea too -- though I'd worry that I couldn't see underneath it without some glaring, garish giant mirror on the bottom. A 6-foot long Falcon "Acrylic Bar" might be just the ticket, though, provided it was tall enough to show everything, wide enough to rotate it inside, and "waterproof" enough to avoid any bourbon spillage from the top where you served the drinks.

The other idea I had was simply to make it into a permanent piece of "framed art" that separated two rooms -- so in this room you got the angled topside view, and in the other room you got the reverse-angled bottomside view, with the Falcon posed "in-flight" mode.

And the other idea I had was... (okay, I'll stop now, promise)
My bar is going to be covered in DS tiles and have a epoxy trench on the top with models inside it. :)

Added these to my parts maps. Link is in the first post.

Attachments

• Port Mandible top copy.jpg
    Port Mandible top copy.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 156
  • Port Mandible top no numbers copy.jpg
    Port Mandible top no numbers copy.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 110
I don’t suppose anyone would have a straight on shot of the underside of the port mandible would they? I can’t find one where the whole thing is in one shot. I’m trying to keep the number of maps down. Thanks,
John

This looks like a smaller version of the Bandai 1:24 Tiger King. I'm thinking a 1:48 version of something?
1651774058538.png
1651774091987.png

Last edited:
Where on the ship is this? I'd say it looks like the Bandai 1/48 Panther G, but can't tell what area we're looking at.
I just noticed that this is also in the 1/48 Jagd Panther as well. I don't have the Bandai 1/48 Panther on my list so I don't know if it's needed elsewhere, but if not the JP will suffice,

1651840771684.png

I just noticed that this is also in the 1/48 Jagd Panther as well. I don't have the Bandai 1/48 Panther on my list so I don't know if it's needed elsewhere, but if not the JP will suffice,

View attachment 1572747
You need two Bandai 1/48 Panther G's to make the Falcon, one of which is to use the cut-down upper hull to go on lower front landing gear at 45 angle (with door piece #D3 installed), #A15 (x4, only 2 per kit) wheels on either side of quad guns - unmarked on maps, #C5 for upper mandible walkway front/center, #D9 for upper mandible walkway, #B9/B10 for lower underside split Centurion dressings – fender sections (trimmed down) drape off of Honda F1 engine halves L/R, #E23 and #D9/D10, #E40 (for upper jaw box)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back