An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Its in here.
20220427_100219.jpg

I just uploaded a PSD file of the back without any numbers on it. I figured for you Photoshop folks it would be cleaner and easier to just turn off the layers as you look at it. It's on my Google drive, of which there is a link on the first post of this thread.

I'm working a jpg version with numbers.

jcoffman99,
I am working on the sides of the inboard mandibles. Do you have a clear picture of this port and starboard area or validated a map yet?

See attached from the internet. Once you get your head around the typical Falcon ”Through the Looking Glass“ questions of up and down with few things symmetrical, here is what has me stumped:
Is the drawing wrong regarding the the Pontoon Bridge orientation for the Starboard side?

On the Bandai 1/72 Perfect Grade model, the pontoon bridge horizontal slats (with port holes), are on the “bottom” and the vertical picket fence slats are on “top” for both port and starboard Inboard side panels.

Thanks in advance assuming I have not confused myself.

Attachments

• 6F604EFF-FDE6-4889-9463-7A83342FABCA.jpeg
    6F604EFF-FDE6-4889-9463-7A83342FABCA.jpeg
    765.1 KB · Views: 98
jcoffman99,
I am working on the sides of the inboard mandibles. Do you have a clear picture of this port and starboard area or validated a map yet?

See attached from the internet. Once you get your head around the typical Falcon ”Through the Looking Glass“ questions of up and down with few things symmetrical, here is what has me stumped:
Is the drawing wrong regarding the the Pontoon Bridge orientation for the Starboard side?

On the Bandai 1/72 Perfect Grade model, the pontoon bridge horizontal slats (with port holes), are on the “bottom” and the vertical picket fence slats are on “top” for both port and starboard Inboard side panels.

Everything I have can be found here.

jcoffman99,

Searun, may I suggest using the 5' photo references in the various online photo albums as a guide.

Whilst some of those drawing are beautiful and handy for overall details, I wouldn't necessarily trust them for referencing such things.

But again it depends on how bent obsessed you are over accuracy.

Unfortunately I don't own a Bandai yet so I can't say either way.

Okay here is the 99% complete top rear. Missing about 3 pieces. I have uploaded these to the Google drive link in the 1st post. I have both jpgs and psds of them with and without numbers depending on your preference.

Top Back Left 07 no numbers copy.jpg
Top Back Left 07 numbers and lines copy.jpg

OF course I forgot to check this before. Part 14 according to the old maps belongs to the 1/25 Tamiya Centurion III but looking at the scans, I can't see the part. Can someone confirm this one for me? Then I'll fix and reupload the images to the drive.

1651157189583.png

Searun, may I suggest using the 5' photo references in the various online photo albums as a guide.

Whilst some of those drawing are beautiful and handy for overall details, I wouldn't necessarily trust them for referencing such things.

But again it depends on how bent obsessed you are over accuracy.

Unfortunately I don't own a Bandai yet so I can't say either way.
Thanks Bjorn for taking the time to reply with this sound advice. Back to more research before cutting and gluing plastic.

Most pictures of this area are like looking into Plato’s Cave. While many of the maps & drawings are accurate, there are errors. You certainly are right about the 5 ft. original being the validation. I can say that the 1/72 Bandai model incredibly captures mostly the details of the full size kit part held in my hand. Again, a clear picture is the only real validation.

Always check the original source. I noticed a that the Flaga panel pic below doesn't always match what's on the Falcon.

Falga panel.jpg

OF course I forgot to check this before. Part 14 according to the old maps belongs to the 1/25 Tamiya Centurion III but looking at the scans, I can't see the part. Can someone confirm this one for me? Then I'll fix and reupload the images to the drive.

View attachment 1569854
Hi. It should be one of the many individual track segments you get with the kit

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back