An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Any ideas on this little guy? He's on the Starboard mandible.
1651843705672.png
1651843761702.png

You need two Bandai 1/48 Panther G's to make the Falcon, one of which is to use the cut-down upper hull to go on lower front landing gear at 45 angle (with door piece #D3 installed), #A15 (x4, only 2 per kit) wheels on either side of quad guns - unmarked on maps, #C5 for upper mandible walkway front/center, #D9 for upper mandible walkway, #B9/B10 for lower underside split Centurion dressings – fender sections (trimmed down) drape off of Honda F1 engine halves L/R, #E23 and #D9/D10, #E40 (for upper jaw box)
Thank you. I've added it to the master list on my drive.

FWIW - Depending on the 5 Footer you are building, the Front Cover plate Orientation is different.
If you are going for Original Filiming, A New Hope Replica, be sure you get the Ferrari Cover plates in the right orientation. The B&W Photos in Chronicles and current model orientations are NOT as they were during Filming and as seen on film. Here's a quick reference for orientation if you are going ANH Style.

Below Starboard Mandible Front, B&W on left, you will see the Orientation as the cover plate was AFTER ANH filming (and in Chronicles), and the orientation on the right as it was actually filmed (my replica - I've since replaced the incorrect yellow peeling decal ;)
0 ANH Cover Plate STB.jpg

Below, Port Mandible Front, B&W shows again this cover plate is 180 degrees out since Filming, the one on the right shows orientation as it was filmed.

0 CoverPlatePORT.jpg

Below, Screen Shot from Death Star docking scene, showing the actual orientation and matching the ones on the right above.
0 Cover 1.jpg

The other telltale sign are those valve openings, you can see in the screencap and my photos the valve openings are closer to the 'inside mandible' areas, and on the Ref Photos, they are farther away from the inner mandible, showing the 180 degree orientation off-set.
Hope that helps for those building ANH version.
-Sean

FWIW - Depending on the 5 Footer you are building, the Front Cover plate Orientation is different.
If you are going for Original Filiming, A New Hope Replica, be sure you get the Ferrari Cover plates in the right orientation. The B&W Photos in Chronicles and current model orientations are NOT as they were during Filming and as seen on film. Here's a quick reference for orientation if you are going ANH Style.

Below Starboard Mandible Front, B&W on left, you will see the Orientation as the cover plate was AFTER ANH filming (and in Chronicles), and the orientation on the right as it was actually filmed (my replica - I've since replaced the incorrect yellow peeling decal ;)
View attachment 1573404

Below, Port Mandible Front, B&W shows again this cover plate is 180 degrees out since Filming, the one on the right shows orientation as it was filmed.

View attachment 1573406

Below, Screen Shot from Death Star docking scene, showing the actual orientation and matching the ones on the right above.
View attachment 1573405
The other telltale sign are those valve openings, you can see in the screencap and my photos the valve openings are closer to the 'inside mandible' areas, and on the Ref Photos, they are farther away from the inner mandible, showing the 180 degree orientation off-set.
Hope that helps for those building ANH version.
-Sean
Awesome info. Thank you!

Uggg...so I found a mistake I could use a little help with. Thanks the the awesome pic swgeek provided, I've noticed that I have mislabeled a part on the port mandible. As I understand it the part in blue is the White Road Boss. I thought the rest was the AMT Cabover but now I see that's wrong. What the heck is the long piece? Is it the Watkins? Thanks!

1652061872985.png

Last edited:
Uggg...so I found a mistake I could use a little help with. Thanks the the awesome pic swgeek provided, I've noticed that I have mislabeled a part on the port mandible. As I understand it the part in blue is the White Road Boss. I thought the rest was the AMT Cabover but now I see that's wrong. What the heck is the long piece? Is it the Watkins? Thanks!
That’s amazing you caught that from SWGeeks photos from the other side, top. ;)

That’s amazing you caught that from SWGeeks photos from the other side, top. ;)
My brain is just not working tonight. Am I correct in that 3/4 of the mandible edges are the same with the exception being the one that fell off? If was different parts right? I need to go to bed...I've got the brain pain coach...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back