An American Werewolf in London pub sign - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
This will be my attempt on making this great prop. I know that I'll not be able to paint it on wood and getting the result I want so I'll cheat a bit...
I'll print it on real size, paint it over the print, cut it in 3 stripes and then glue it on the wood. Finally will age it.
Hope it turns out acceptable.

The screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

Getting started:

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg

Last edited:
I remember seeing that movie at the theater. "The slaughtered lamb" but has the picture of a slaughtered WOLF.

I suppose meaning that the "innocent lamb human" was turned into a wolf, and then must be slaughtered for the good of humanity.

I remember seeing that movie at the theater. "The slaughtered lamb" but has the picture of a slaughtered WOLF.

I suppose meaning that the "innocent lamb human" was turned into a wolf, and then must be slaughtered for the good of humanity.
Or maybe the (human) lamb was slaughtered by the (were)wolf, which was then hunted down and killed?
Anyway cool project!

There actually is a Slaughtered Lamb Pub in NYC Greenwich Village. Here's there sign. Looking forward yo yours. Will you do your own art or try to sceengrab and print?

Attachments

• The_Slaughtered_Lamb_pub_sign,_New-York.jpg
    The_Slaughtered_Lamb_pub_sign,_New-York.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 178
I'd love one of these signs for my workshop. I've looked for them online many times but no one seems to sell a good one for a decent price. I think you might have inspired me to get going on one too. Looking forward to seeing how you get on...

This is a favourite movie of mine and not least because I've walked those moors many times.

I thought I'd straighten up that shot for you - might be useful.
Thanks a lot mate. Most useful. I've been searching online for decent ones with a good resolution. Not that it'll be too important once I'll paint it over the print. Besides a big print will always have a lot of pixels.
How is it like to walk those moors? What's the feeling?

Last edited:
There actually is a Slaughtered Lamb Pub in NYC Greenwich Village. Here's there sign. Looking forward yo yours. Will you do your own art or try to sceengrab and print?
Yes I'll print it big size and paint over it (I'd never have a decent painting if I did the paint job myself...)

Last edited:
After a long search decided to go for this print. It's the highest resolution I could find. Even so it's a bit pixelated when printed in a big size.
As you see the moon and the background have the wrong colours.
The print has been cuted in three stripes and will be glued to the wood. Then will start the painting process. Hope it goes well.

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

Little challenge for you UK pub signes like this are double sided.
Looking good though got to be said :)
Good point. Did not remember that. Anyway it'll stay as it is. I'd very much like to hang it "loose" but don't have the space so it probably will hang on the wall so not much problem for the other side of the sign. But thanks anyway for the tip.

Great project and eager to see the final result(y)(y) Lettering is an Art for sure; my Father did that for years, as a second job and it all looked very difficult.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back