Amazing Spiderman Suit using TaylorMcManus' print (Pic Heavy) (Suit Complete!)

A guy I know who makes masks and sells them gave me this advice and it worked well. Make sure to glue the lenses first. This way the fabric has no way to rip further. Then after glued and set turn the mask inside out and snip out a little more than a quarter size or whatever your comfortable with. To make sure you place the lenses correctly you can do what i did and put the mask on and point to where your eyes are and have someone mark a small dot where both eyes are. Hope that helps.

You are so wise.
I am going to do that. Makes perfect sense.
Thanks!

Just a word of caution. Super glue fumes may cause fogging on the lenses. From my experiences, when the glue dries it releases fumes or residue that could stick to the the oils left on the lense by your fingers. I use to build scale model cars and the super glue will always leave some fogging on the windscreens. Don't know if anyone else have experienced this, but I just thought I'd share.

I also had 3 spidey suits, I cut holes the same shape as the lens but smaller same on the face shell, I just like a clean look, the frames once glued to fabric I put a face shell and I use car trim mounting tape (grey one) to glue frames to face shell so they always stay in perfect position aligned with the face shell eye holes.

Gerardo

Last edited:
I also had 3 spidey suits, I cut holes the same shape as the lens but smaller same on the face shell, I just like a clean look, the frames once glued to fabric I put a face shell and I use car trim mounting tape (grey one) to glue frames to face shell so they always stay in perfect position aligned with the face shell eye holes.

Gerardo

Did You make your Spider-man Suits or buy them?

Hi, I'm new here and am hoping to get one of these suits myself. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me how many tubes of 4oz puff paint are needed to completely do the red and how many for the black?
Thanks in advance

Hello all! I am currently waiting on my taylormcmanus print through the mail and am very excited! Does anyone have a diagram showing how the mask and shoulders go together? In pictures it seems that their is an extra piece that is sewn right above the shoulder that connects the chest, top of the arm, the mask and the back. thanks in advance!

hey man what colour paint did you use for the honeycomb pattern around the blue areas of the suit. I have Tulip navy blue but not sure whether to use black

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back