Alternate MK9 Ermac costume

Thanks man. i'm workin on it a lot. school will be starting soon, so i wont have as much time as i do now. gotta take advantage of this week. i'll try to get the hood done and posted here by tonight

UPDATE:
IMG_0762.jpg

so after finally figuring out how to work an industrial sewing machine, i set up the vinyl with the cotton backing

IMG_0761.jpg

glued on and...

IMG_0763.jpg

put the two together, now i just have to put the folds in it and finish the stitching.

alright, so its been a few days, but i've been shaping and sanding and filling and repeating the entire process many times. i was fed up and thinkin about starting the mask over from scratch but i finally got to a shape i'm happy with. it looks pretty close to me. what do you guys think?

mask.jpg

almost done

Thanks jowe! always helps keep me motivated. funny, my brother is working on a noob as well. he was lucky enough to find a pepakura file for the mask but is making the rest from scratch.

another quick update:
hood_folds.jpg

if you can't see what i'm doing here, i gave the second fold a more natural look by stitching it to an anchor point on the inside. not sure how well this will look/work later, but thats what it looks like as of now.

after attempting to sculpt a mask made mostly of solid bondo, i am retiring the current mask and starting over with a clay that won't air dry. that was my first mistake. but this is a learning process. the hood is coming along nicely. a few more stitches need to be made and i will be moving on to the chest/back piece.

Looks great man!!:thumbsup That hood is awesome and your mask is turning out great! Very cool build. Can't wait to see it finished.

Edit:
just realized you said you were scrapping the mask, what you did looks good man just needs some more love and it'll get there... Looking forward to the sculpt tho!:)

Awesome work with a completely scratch built attempt on Ermac! I agree with quakevirus... your mask is turning out great. It just needs a bit more time.

However if you are going to start from scratch maybe you want to consider a different material aside from some sculpting medium? I use styrene sheets with liquid cement glue and then putty from there.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back