Aliens APC - 1/12 (3D Print)

Roboto

Hey All,

First - credit to Wasili for his 1/12 APC model build - total inspiration. I spent hours and hours looking at his thread.

Second - credit to Bold Machines: The Innovation Workshop at Stratasys where I work. http://www.boldmachines.com

We've worked on this project during evenings/weekends and have over 300 hours of design and research time in so far

This is a 1/12 scale Aliens APC build - based on blueprints and the Halcyon model kit (both purchased on eBay). Built the CAD model in Solidworks - now 3D printing the components on a Connex 3/Objet 500, Objet Alaris 30, Mojo and MakerBot z18/Replicator 2 printers.

APC_2.pngAPC_1.png

Now going after each part of the Aliens APC for the build. Tires first.

The tires are printed in Tango Black + which is a flexible material. Shore A value of 45 which is almost gummy bear squishy. We inserted a snap ring to hold the hubcap plate.

APC Tire.jpgAPC Tire Tread.jpgAPC Tire Set.jpgAPC Wheel Hub.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Back half of main body printed. Very big. Very Heavy. I think we will need to rework our suspension....... :p

IMG_3879.JPGIMG_3880.JPG

@ Duncanator: Not solid. Has about 4mm walls. The material is PolyJet so it's solid plastic + the thing is just huge....

Might drop it down a scale or two at some point.

If you made those wheels available to upgrade the Halcyon kit, you'd be doing a lot of us commoners a big favour.

1/12 Scale Aliens APC (3D Print)

Main body prints complete. We used leftover resin - that's why the different colors. Fit is good - will be some cleanup above the door and some spots around the front - but overall looks good.

attachment.php
IMG_3884.JPGIMG_3883.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3885.JPG
    IMG_3885.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 2,303
If you made those wheels available to upgrade the Halcyon kit, you'd be doing a lot of us commoners a big favour.

1/35 Scale 3D Prints on the Objet Alaris 30 - in Vero White. These are polyjet - so rigid material. Could also cast them in Smooth On Task 13 material or attempt to print in the flexible Tango + material.

@ RKS PM me if you want to discuss further.

IMG_3895.JPGIMG_3896.JPG

ALIENS 1/12 APC Build (3D Print)

Today's bounty.... Top Gun and rails. Rails will need to cast though to support weight. Front gun barrel and side door.IMG_3904.JPGIMG_3905.JPGIMG_3906.JPGIMG_3907.JPG

ALIENS 1/12 APC Build (3D Print)

Ran some parts on the Objet Alaris 30 last night.

Front Door, Back grill base and vents. Front Gun. Couple of weird fit issues - but so far looking good.

IMG_3920.JPGIMG_3916.JPGIMG_3917.JPGIMG_3919.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back