Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Lambert's vest appears to be made from the upper part of a G-4B flight suit.

Sorry for any confusion, i meant this jacket...

normal_Alien_69.JPG

Sorry for any confusion, i meant this jacket...

normal_Alien_69.JPG

Ahh. I'm not sure anyone's asked about that one before. That photo isn't too helpful.

I suppose it could be a modified Mk3 or G4-B. Then again it may have been made from scratch.

We need more photos to be certain (he says - stating the obvious!).

OK, I finally got around to taking some photos of my G4-B flightsuit (as worn pretty much unmodified by Ripley).

The second photo shows the compression lacing inside the leg (as used on the Nostromo jackets) the third, the lacing on the back (as used on the front of Dallas's jacket).

g4b1.jpg

g4b2.jpg

g4b3.jpg

2009_0207Image0029.jpg
[/IMG]

here's the real colour of the crew jacket. As you can see its not brown but whats called "purple Taupe" or a variant on that family of colours, hopes this help people who are dye-ing.

here's the real colour of the crew jacket. As you can see its not brown but whats called "purple Taupe" or a variant on that family of colours, hopes this help people who are dye-ing.

When you say "real colour" what do you mean? Have you seen/do you have a screen used one?

This jacket is mine. Its an RAF MK3 pre 1965 as in before NATO standardisation and the green ones. Its the exact same as Kane's and Dallas. This jacket is not dyed, it was a very very lucky find. i 'll post another of the label etc.....

DSCF0961.jpg
[/IMG]

Comparsion to newer ones, check out the differences in sleeve pocket and then look at Dallas's one also velcro on cuffs. On mine its wider like Dallas'. It not that I have one from the film but I'm 99.99% sure this is the type they used, i don't believe the dye-ing theory anymore, I used to though.

You may be correct in assuming that they used jackets which were already that colour, but we don't know that for certain. It's a good theory though.
I wonder which service wears that colour?

I can't see any difference in sleeve pockets or cuffs really. trying to focus on that label made my eyes hurt!
Funnily enough, the colour I dyed my (green) one to, is quite similar.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back