Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Draco the UK7 patch is positioned correctly with the point down, the US tricentennial patch worn by Brett should also have the point facing down according to Cobb's portfolio designs, but the patch probably worked better when attached to the jacket with the wider base sitting above Bretts Gold wings.......... It could just be Bretts own personal taste to wear his designated patch the wrong way, against company wishes?
View attachment 342835
This rather creepy image of Kane's burial shroud features the recently deceased Kane inside, would have been interesting to see the crew load Kane into the airlock prior to his burial.
View attachment 342838

Kane2122

Interesting, thanks for that. It seems there is an awful lot that could have been included in Alien. I bet if it was made today it would be 3 hours long!! lol!

Unfortunately Draco we have a modern version of Alien and it was called Prometheus. I'll never get those 124 minutes back!:facepalm

Alien was a truly exceptional film so much of it's time "capturing lightning in a bottle".

I bet there is still a fair amount of material available in the 20th century fox archives that could easily fill another disc or two?

Kane2122

Last edited:
Unfortunately Draco we have a modern version of Alien and it was called Prometheus. I'll never get those 124 minutes back!:facepalm

Alien was a truly exceptional film so much of it's time "capturing lightning in a bottle".

I bet there is still a fair amount of material available in the 20th century fox archives that could easily fill another disc or two?

Kane2122

I must admit i was not overly taken with Prometheus. Maybe i just hoped for so much more, .....i don't know. But Alien is a true classic and deserves all the praise that it receives!
I wonder if you, or anyone else on here, knows what the badge is that Brett wears under his Tri- patch? I know it's the Engineering pin but what is it attached onto?
K0d3LDW.jpg

Flexserve: quick, how many inaccuracies can you spot in that CGI photo??

Starting left to right, Brett's hat is lacking "scambled eggs", he's smoking the wrong style and brand of cigs, Parker's coat is missing the wide collar, Ash has too many shoulder patches and no pins on his collar, Ripley has a name tag, no uniform shirt and her hair is too short, Dallas' coat is all wrong (reused from Parker clearly), and Lambert's sleeves are too loose and long and there's no WY patch on her shirt. Phew!

The drinking bird, cups and table design are also wrong...

Starting left to right, Brett's hat is lacking "scambled eggs", he's smoking the wrong style and brand of cigs, Parker's coat is missing the wide collar, Ash has too many shoulder patches and no pins on his collar, Ripley has a name tag, no uniform shirt and her hair is too short, Dallas' coat is all wrong (reused from Parker clearly), and Lambert's sleeves are too loose and long and there's no WY patch on her shirt. Phew!

Well spotted!! Not only is Dallas's jacket lacking his add-ons but he does not have his Gold Command Wings!

That Alien: Isolation community forum was getting super TOXIC about people actually being passionate about the movie / game the company (CA) claim they spent 4 years researching...yet got this scene so very wrong. Sorry, I can't kiss developer booty as nice as some, especially a company that boasts how they got everything right and are selling books on the subject of how accurate they are in the making of the costumes and the game itself. I'm still a fan enough to buy the game, but not listen to kids trying to get attention, troll or be Internet "shock Jock" wannabes.

The others jumping in to add to the list of stuff wrong before I could read this solidified my belief that I'm in the right place for my "fandom" for the movies I enjoy and that others are right there with me. Thanks Guys!

pAH1jr9.jpg

Last edited:
He's TRYING to make fun of me since I posted in the Alien: Isolation forums almost everything he just said.

No no, Flexserve! I've never been to that forum and I wasn't mocking you at all. We share a passion for this stuff and therefore a frustration when folks make money by getting it wrong. This was my own list of gripes, nothing else.

No no, Flexserve! I've never been to that forum and I wasn't mocking you at all. We share a passion for this stuff and therefore a frustration when folks make money by getting it wrong. This was my own list of gripes, nothing else.

Okay, it was just very ironic and very coincidental that I just commented on this in the A:I forums AND was specifically called out here........

I apologize if that was the case. I AM very passionate about this stuff, sometimes people like to attack that for some unknown reason.

Cheers to you then!
James B.

So I have been creeping around this place the last few months and not posting cause I wasn't registered. By looking at all you guys tutorials and great ideas, I have finally been able to get my costume going. So, thanks everyone. Now I'm going to post pics of my stuff. All I'm really missing is the jacket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 435
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 450
A customized Dickies shirt! Looks good! Are the pants Dickies as well?

Did you buy an extra pair to get extra fabric from or were you able to find fabric that matched well enough?

Thanks guys. Both shirt and pants are Dickies. I went to joann fabrics and found the matching fabric. Got the replica PF Fliers shoes. The patches from some dude that's always at the Cons in Dallas.

That looks great! I love those shoes. I'm going to have to show these pictures to my wife to prove to her that I'm not the only one crazy enough to rivet d-rings onto their shoes...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back