Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Hello all, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I was working on a Parker jacket but things came up, including a new position at my work, general laziness, and fear of messing up the project, and I kept putting it off. Welp, I got back on it and I've finished the hard part, the paint job.

I might try to clean up the edges. You can't really see it in the image but there was a bit of paint bleeding at some of the edges. Not a great amount and I already cleaned up some. I'm afraid I may end up ruining it in my quest for perfection. I'll probably just end up adding the finisher.

My other concern is the patches. I'm fortunate enough to have some Merliner patches and I'm wondering if I should go with the screen accurate black patches or the grey ones. But more importantly, I only have crew blue W-Y sunwings from ebay. I have silver from Merliner so I'm considering those instead since they look so much better but I'm willing to hear other opinions. My jacket is already a little off. It's in the A-2 style but, as you can see in the pic, it doesn't have a single solid piece for the back but rather there is a panel across the shoulders which made attaching the stencil sticker a bit of a pain. Also, it has front slit pockets in addition to the standard front box ones which I actually prefer as it's far more convenient. Thanks for your help.

. nostromoparkerjacket.jpg

I don't know why things on Dallas's belt, like lots of other parts of the Nostromo outfit, are so contradictory! :confused just when i was convinced that a smooth buckle was the way forward, i just bought a copy of the old 'Alien:Full Color Movie Novel' (ISBN: 0-380-46631-7) and what do i find within?.........on the page that has the photos of Dallas and Lambert talking (just before Kane has the Chestburster incident) you can clearly see, in my opinion, the para wings on the buckle!! :wacko Can it really be that Dallas was wearing different belts (as we know others were throughout the movie) in different scenes? Has anyone else seen the photos that i am referring to?
What is accepted SA now i wonder.........

Hi guys, the upshot of back when i was trying to source a good MK3 base jacket (looong before i realised how much a green jacket can photograph blue/grey, but that's another story!) is that i ended up with a few. I knew i def wanted a Dallas jacket and thought that maybe i would have a Kane as well but it left me with one jacket left......what to do with it?
Well, i decided to opt for an 'Aliens' inspired jacket that would sit in the whole 'Alien Universe' that we all love! I decided to go for something that i thought a Marine would wear in his/her downtime. I went for a cross between proper Aliens uniform configuration/sizes (got a lot of info at the The Aliens Legacy forum for this) and what you might see on a A2 or G1 type jacket. It's worth noting that i stayed away from it actually being a pilots jacket as they have been done by others and deserve their own unique badges/wings etc. I wanted it to be a jacket not for the Flyboys but for the Grunts!!
My green (despite what the camera is showing!!) MK3 as bought.
my jacket2.JPGmy jacket1.JPGmy jacket3.JPG

My first play at arrangements. Note that this is still prior to the removal of the velcro and, as it happens, padded sleeve pocket which i knew would interfere with the arm stripes.
WP_000253EDIT.jpg

I then sourced a great guy to do this for me......
SDC14443.JPGSDC14442.JPG

Here's how it ended up with only the final machine stitching left to lock it all in place. Please note the proper font tapes were acquired from Camotech Embroidery (thanks to Aliens Legacy again for this info!) The master sergeant stripes and shoulder badges were various online purchases.
SDC14438.JPG

I'm happy with how it turned out and think it sits well with everyone else's great Alien Universe efforts!

Excellent. I have a similar desire to do the same with a mil-spec style jacket only I'd go with more of a broad sci-fi feel. Not just Alien(s) stuff, but Silent Running, Outland, MST3K, whatever else catches my fancy.

I'm really digging the stenciling on that jacket. Puts it over the top.

I've added the patches to my coat. Here's a couple pics. I look a little serious...and unshaven....but I think that plays into the weary nature of the Nostromo crew.

parkerjacket1.jpg

parkerjacket2.jpg

parkerjacket3.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 376430
Found this on the Alien Isolation website, thought it would be of some interest on this thread.

Looks like they kept the G Suit from alien, but added some detailing to it to change it slightly. The brown leather accents and fur trim, plus short sleeves. Overall I very much like the look of it. I have a G Suit currently configured for Ellen Ripley. With as expensive as a G Suit can be I can't really see myself buying a second one to do this. Perhaps I'll update my Ellen Ripley to this... it is rather fetching.

hi everyone thought i would put up my nostromo jacket, i know its not screen accurate but im very happy with the outcome. i just want to thank everyone on this thread for there invaluable help and the wealth of information i used to help in my jackets construction. i am totally new to this sort of thing and enjoyed it immensly that much so i decided to have a go at a narcissus jacket aswell i will put pictures of that up later in the meantime i hope my nostromo jacket meets with your approval
thanks again
omortsonIMG_2136.JPGIMG_2094.JPGIMG_2135.JPGIMG_2137.JPG

I'm in the same boat as you, being a newbie and all. All I got to say is that is one awesome jacket.

You probably felt the same pangs as me, "if I only just did this it'd look so much better", heh.

Hey guys! I know that this has previously been discussed but there were a lot of answers. Does anyone know what the official colour of the 'Nostromo' back lettering is? and is there an of the shelf paint that can be bought?

Great job omorston! And Kristen, I fully understand your decision not to buy a second G-suit. As you can see from those pics ( 1983-84) I tried to have the same G-suit as Ash (lacing on sleeves and I added the lacing at the back of the legs also).
I'd bought 2 G-suits in Montreal, in 1982, for $160 (Canadian bucks of course) and gutted the inside of one suit to get the proper lacing.

Alien suit_0001 (2).jpg Alien suit_0002 (2).jpg

I got a GILDAN tshirt, but I chose KIWI color over Pistachio. To me the shirt color is slightly darker than Pistachio.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/...EF/SHIRTS-color-test_zpsb1ef2f93.jpg~original

I just bought a kiwi size medium to replace my pistachio large. Kiwi seems far more sceen accurate than pistachio.

I just wish there was a t-shirt in this color readily available with the accurate ringer style collar. Easy to find in white for a Kane t-shirt, yet to see one in any shade of green. Anyone tried to dye a t-shirt yet? I might have a go with some liquid RIT dye: http://www.ritdye.com.au/rit_liquid_dye

Apple green or Kelly green?

I'd say the Kelly Green might work. But with nothing solid to compare to, you'll need to match it to whatever reference you think is best.

I just bought a kiwi size medium to replace my pistachio large. Kiwi seems far more sceen accurate than pistachio.

I just wish there was a t-shirt in this color readily available with the accurate ringer style collar. Easy to find in white for a Kane t-shirt, yet to see one in any shade of green. Anyone tried to dye a t-shirt yet? I might have a go with some liquid RIT dye: http://www.ritdye.com.au/rit_liquid_dye

Apple green or Kelly green?

Probably a long shot but I just found the RAF MK3 and looking for some items to put together the Nostromo jacket. I was able to source the patches but I am still looking for some items. Does anyone have any infor on where I might be able to get the Nostromo stencil? I have an email out to Mike Rush but have not heard back. Also looking for the lacing panels. Does anyone still make these? How about patterns for the shirts and pants?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back