Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

Re: Aliens Enviromental Suit Progress pics.

The part I've circled here in blue...
helmet121uq7.jpg

looks like the...I'm not sure what the technical term is....blower intake for a street machine/race car. It's often found on the hood.

I've seen similar parts on models my brother used to put together. And if there's parts on there already from a race car model, then it may be even more likely.

Just a shot in the dark.

The disk detail with spoked edge detail to the upper right of the pic in post #101 (behind the red ring) is half of a brake rotor from one of the F1 cars. It's amazing how many parts are suddenly becoming spottable!

Tony

So far all the parts I've spotted seem to be from the Texaco Marlboro Mclaren M23 though the Yardley Mclaren probably shares almost all the same parts.

Tony

Thanks.

So we need to get Texaco Marlboro Mclaren M23 and we should be good.
We DON'T need the Lotus 72D?

Steve

Why do all the prop builders seem to find the rare or hard to get models to bash from??? :cry LOL

Rule No. 1 of prop building: You know you've found the right parts when the kit turns out to be rare and expensive! :lol

Tony

Steve, Richie,
Here is a pic of the hawk kit.
hparts2.jpg

Some of these parts are on the left side. Mainly the rocket boosters and solar panels. The weapons pods are also on the top of the back on both sides. The x-shaped girdering is on the inside detailing to the right and under the front of the visor.

Last edited:

Well we scored a Hawk Kit. This thing was pricey so we dont wanna hack it up. Well mold off the parts we need.

Darthwalls..looks like youll have your kit when were done!! LOL!!!

Next the McClaren!!

Richie

Hey Dropshipbob. Any thought on what hood scoop that could have come off of?

I hope to have the helmet completed for the prop party on the 28.

I am going to be working on the light until the model parts arrive.
I will keep you all posted.

Steve

Thanks,

I think I might have the angle to steep from front to back. Now that I have had a day to sleep on it. Does it appear to tall from top to bottom?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Steve

Too tall in the back? Maybe. But you have better reference material than I. ;)

As for what model that hood scoop may have come off of (if any), I couldn't tell you.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back