Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

Re: Aliens Enviromental Suit Progress pics.

Not sure on pricing yet. We have to figure materials ect plus we will be rotocasting these in order to get all the details minus as many air bubbles etc so we dont lose any of the details.

Richie

Fantastic project, and looking brilliant!
It's always the best case scenario to have such dedication and talent behind a very worthy project.

Okay. Here are the car parts added. There are a few detials I am still trying to I.D.

Take a look.

Thanks
Steve

S5030185.jpg

S5030181.jpg

S5030183.jpg

S5030184.jpg

The parts circled in RED.

From they way the rest of the model parts work. I will assume they are the would on the model glue together. However on the helmet they used both halves on either side of the helmet.
helmet21-1.jpg

And this appears to be some type of man hole drain. It also looks like a smaller version on the detail on the shoulder.
helmet1-1.jpg

port4.jpg

Gorgeous build, Steve! And tremendous work by ukwookie, superjedi, and darthwalls on the found kit parts! :thumbsup

I'm probably completely wrong about this, but the "manhole drain" piece looks to me as though it could be two pieces... a racing car brake disk underneath and one of the brass "rank pins" from the uniforms mounted on top - specifically, the type worn by Dallas, turned through 90 degrees.

I seem to remember that Ash had one of the rank pins attached to his belt buckle as a detail as well, so it,s not without precedent :)

Tony

Its time we started making a list of interested parties.

Steve and I have determined that the best way to do this helmet is rotocasting(i.e. rotomolding) . We have predicted that we will have the helmet completed and ready to mold and start producing in approx 6 weeks. We will offer the helmet in a completed display with working lights in a Dalls/Kane/Lambert style, a Ripley white version(no light) and we will later offer a Kane/face Hugger version. Our plan is to make a removable face plate that will fit into the Regular style helmet with the details cast into another face plate. This will come later as we have not begun the sculpting of this detail yet.

To update:
1)We have the chest armor completed. (All will be offered in fiberglass)
2)Abdomen box completed ( Rotocast)
3) We will be receiving a 1st/2nd generation (depends on how you look at it!!) cast of an original shoulder with which we will update the shoulder molds/casts.(rotocast sets)
4) Backpack will be completed in about 2 weeks(for DC display) ( Rotocast/ with misc lights and details added).

Later we will be offering a complete display of in any of the styles mentioned above:

1) Ripley/white

2) Dallas/Kane/Lambert

3) Kane with face hugger.

We plan to offer 10 helmets( NOTE: helmet only at this time) on a pre-order here. If interested please e-mail /subject AES interest. These first 10 will be at a discounted price and later offerings will be a bit higher.

You will be looking at approx a 8 week wait until they will be shipped.

I hope I covered all questions. If not please e-mail me your questions.

Thanks

Richie

Ok Harry youre no. 1 on the list!! I think we have your terms covered!! Look'n forward to seeing you at DC!

Richie

Sorry to sort of Hyjack this, great work by the way

i wonder if any one remembers, a long while back i went to an Antiques fair in London at Shepperton studios i think, while i was there i took and hosted a picture of the screen used Suit.

i was asked to take it down a couple of days later if i recall, and then due to a PC problem i lost the file.

im sure though someone here must have taken a sneaky copy of it, it was a fantastic costume and a good picture too.

it was a long time ago though so i dont hold out much hope

(by the way do u still do x-wing helmets)

I wouldnt know which costume would have been displayed. Harry could prob. chime in on that.

Yes we do X-Wing helmets.

Thanks
Richie

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back