Interest Ahsoka ball map

zenix

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm planning a super limited run of these because I expect it to be a lot of work. I plan on making these movable as seen in the show. It'll probably be in the $300 ballpark and limited to 10 or 20. I still have to add the detail lengravings but I've made some progress so far.

Who's in at that price?
Static for less.
1692800570879.png

1000011929.jpg

-=-=-=-
Interested in functioning prop:
1. zenix
-=-=-=-=-

Last edited:
It's a found part that I've personally identified. I've ordered about a dozen. They're probably rare and about to get scarce, and not currently in production. In hopes of not causing all to vanish, I won't be naming it but I'd imagine others are also going to ID it soon.

I'll be modifying the found part to match, and then finishing/weathering it too. For a static version I can mold and cast one of the others I modify. We'll see. It'll be about two weeks because I'm traveling.

Do you think there's a chance you might be able to design this as a series of "plates" that could be placed on the real "found part" (for a working version), or a simple sphere (for a static version)? Such a design would require a lot less material, engineering time, and cost!

It seems to me that's how the original prop may have been built.

Do you think there's a chance you might be able to design this as a series of "plates" that could be placed on a real [redacted] (for a working version), or a simple sphere (for a static version)? Such a design would require a lot less material, engineering time, and cost!

It seems to me that's how the original prop may have been built.
Suggest we don't mention it as we're gonna come up in Google and ruin our chances of getting more.
Wanna edit to remove the mention?

I considered that option too. There are round ones and cores. I have one at my place and 20 more on the way and I don't think there are any left anywhere.

My plan is to hand modify the 21 I have, mold the best one for a static prop, disassemble one to mold some pieces for a partially functional version, or maybe the plate idea since the pentagon flat one is much more readily available over the round one which is gone.

Yep, edited, sorry about that!

Yes, I have a couple on the way myself, but I have no 3D modeling skills (just printing). I can't imagine they created that ball by carving the patterns into an existing thing. Some of the symbols seem too fine for something like dremel work. And the edges seem to be a little more "rounded" than the original thing. The versatility of plates gives the maker a lot of freedom, especially for slapping them onto a sphere for a static version and finishing oneself.

cool. I'm going to use this thread and update first post to keep track of order because I only have 21 of the ball bases. We'll see how it plays out if we can get more in the future. I like the plate idea more and more now. I'll make a separate build thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back