AAV Drop Ship

Canopy

I've cut up some canopy parts from a transparent acrylic plate and grue those facets together and covered it with masking tape all over.

s821c9J.jpg

And then trace the window frame pattern with a thin transparent sheet.
Then I scribed the pattern on a 0.3mm aluminum sheet.

vdIlbt0.jpg

And cut them out.

t9VcxCn.jpg

The above is for the outside window frames.

I took the other way to make inside frames.
I mask them inside with masking tapes, draw the window frame patterns, peel them off, transplant them to the aluminum sheet directory, and cut them up. That was rather easy.

7uFeY1e.jpg

t9VcxCn.jpg

fbWTr3Y.jpg

BN0BAHn.jpg

The rest was easy.

I didn't use super glue to attach the frames to the canopy base to avoid cloudy glass.

I used dichloromethane (DCM or MDC) I usually use for the acrylic plates. That was so fine.

bUqndkL.jpg

ceF5YUm.jpg

SlAIKn7.jpg

GRuFga0.jpg

lffRoMO.jpg

jOG0Pmn.jpg

0qdxriV.jpg

x0aUrSP.jpg

5jjNCel.jpg

h94Dyhh.jpg

ZUPhUhH.jpg

Tw6Kcer.jpg

gRPpRGP.jpg

A few fitting adjustments might need.

I will put the hinges on the side. The canopies will be opened up to the sideway.

Thanks for looking.

More and more, Katsu-san reminds me of a bumblebee. Just as the bumblebee is unaware that, according to physics, it is incapable of flight*, Katsu-san doesn't realize that you just CAN'T build stuff this awesome without CAD software, a CNC lathe/mill, and a quality 3D printer.

Nobody point this out to him, PLEASE!

:)

*Bumblebees can fly.

t
You are amazing! This piece is gorgeous.

More and more, Katsu-san reminds me of a bumblebee. Just as the bumblebee is unaware that, according to physics, it is incapable of flight*, Katsu-san doesn't realize that you just CAN'T build stuff this awesome without CAD software, a CNC lathe/mill, and a quality 3D printer.

*Bumblebees can fly.

I love it

You never cease to amaze!

I don't know how should I say but, thank you very much, my friends.

All the best,

katsu

*Bumblebees can fly.
All those robots they try to make more and more real would totally happen if he had more tech available to him....
...and then World War 3....

But yeah, all this stuff is looking really awesome Katsu.

If you see my fireworks thread in the non topic section, I also think it would be nice and helpful to have another person that knows stuff better than me....I would totally want you helping Katsu if it were possible.
To get a whole RPF crew together and build cool stuff.....oh to dream.......

Thank you, Michael-san and joberg-san.

Yes, I have already got a lot of help from the great modeler and my friends.
Each and every part of the build is puzzling me and I had to squeeze my small brain for a new idea and manage to manipulate my awkward hands to follow my intention. That will never happen on my own. but I am so happy that those are really happening with much assistance. Those are my countless wealth that no money can buy. Yeah, money is not wealth. I'm happy with that. What else you need in life?

katsu

I just realized something... I’m going to be really sad when this is actually finished.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say “thank you Katsu-San for the years of entertainment, artistry and good friendship.”

Please don’t mind the sentimentality, I’ve just had some really unfortunate medical events regarding my wife happen lately so I am trying to be more upbeat and positive.

Well, I strongly suspect that once this one is finished, he come up with yet another fantastic model to build. It's how he works. We don't now how he continues to top himself each time, but he somehow manages.

I just realized something... I’m going to be really sad when this is actually finished.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say “thank you Katsu-San for the years of entertainment, artistry and good friendship.”

Please don’t mind the sentimentality, I’ve just had some really unfortunate medical events regarding my wife happen lately so I am trying to be more upbeat and positive.
I am hoping the issue about your loving partner will turn out to be well soon. All the things you do with goodwill will never go wrong.
I am wishing all the best things happen to you. Please take care of your partner and yourself.
Well, I strongly suspect that once this one is finished, he come up with yet another fantastic model to build. It's how he works. We don't now how he continues to top himself each time, but he somehow manages.

Magic. That's my only explanation for how. It's wonderful magic.

Thank you very much, my friends, and for your constant support.
Yes, I have many ideas to be realized.
Until the tiny light of my life turns off, I keep building whatever I like to build. If I could entertain someone a bit, that's good proof that my life didn't end up in vain.

I'm working on the housekeeping things these days.
I will be back on my workbench soon.

Please pray with me that the thing about SithSithSith will be going all well.

Katsu

Thanks for your support everyone. My wife has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and a, in the words of her neurologist, “a rip-roaring case of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)”. We are relatively young, she’s 29 I’m 35, we have a lot of life left to live, this is just going to be a new chapter in our lives where we focus on better health.

My father had MS. It affected his balance so that, as he described it, "he walked like he was drunk, even when he wasn't" (a bit of a joke, I never once saw him actually drunk.)

Eventually he needed an electric scooter, but the only thing it forced him to to give up was golfing. And all this was back in the 80's and 90's. I'm sure research and treatment has come a long way since then.

Thanks for telling us the situation. Life sometimes gives us a hard time. No matter how hard to find a light ahead, there IS light.
Almost 20 years ago, my ex-female colleague had suffered the same problem at her 32.
She was so depressed and had a bad view of her future. I said to her, whatever your doctor said, he is not in a position to decide your life. After a year, she getting better with the whole treatment and back to normal life and work. Things will get better, my friend.

It's been almost three weeks since I post the last updates.
Here is some progress.

A new wing center cover and a new outer skin of the fuselage.

I had been thinking the design of the wing center cover this and that, but at last, I found that the simple is the best for this.

XQmGN5K.jpg

euh4s9q.jpg

JjszMJG.jpg

euh4s9q.jpg

dhIhSXZ.jpg

The wing will be mounted with a single pivot and fixed with a pair of U-shape plates later.
So that the wing can rotate to the parking position.
It may save space on the aircraft carrier deck. ;)

jqahoXl.jpg

2mDSRK0.jpg

Still, there are many things to be taken care of.
Attach the nose section, get those wirings organized, detailing, and painting.
However, this time, the goal may be near.

pdztNvA.jpg

Thanks for looking and I appreciate your usual support.

katsu

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back