AAV Drop Ship

“ Function over Form “ was my go-to creed as an industrial designer... and that still sticks with me today when it comes to conceptualising/interpreting a ‘scratched ’ build , whether my own or those generously shared by others.
Katsu-san , you’re not only creating and following through with this ideal , but also showcasing how beautiful these concepts can be when worked through by a true craftsman !

Ged-san, thank you very much for the comment. The words from the professional always make me encouraged. That was just a small component part but I was realized a lot of things about industrial designing. Stress from each direction applied to the members, ingenuity to give strength to relatively soft and thin sheet metal such as aluminum, and elimination of unnecessary parts. during this build, I have been thinking about the efforts of those industrial designers and engineers. I thought the technology of engineering and production is the most important power for the nation. Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I want many young people here in Japan to be interested in engineering. Not making money by just moving the money from A to B but to produce something beneficial to the public.

The rest of us kit-bash and are proud of ourselves! You, Sir, are a genius in the truest sense of the word!

Thank you very much, MoleRat-san!

Nothing wrong with kit-bash! That has another big aspect of 'fun to build'.
It almost ten years have been passed since I did it for the Tempest.
In fact, when I finished this build, I want to build a starship by the kit-bashing again!
By the way, kit-bash needs funding. I want to set up a fund to realize the next production.
I would like to solicit donations from a share of $ 20. :p

Thank you very much, my friends!

katsu

That landing gear is gorgeous Katsu-san, simply gorgeous:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:(y)(y)

Thank you so much, joberg-san!

I've modified the shocks to more simple.

And then I assembled the wheels and check the alignment and positioning.
It may need a little adjustment but I think it's almost OK.
The shocks are dummy so, I am going to use a piano wire as a torsion bar instead of a coil spring.

GR3NJyZ.jpg

Wc57OpX.jpg

daXM3Hm.jpg

tBoJHZR.jpg

9z2Zlm5.jpg

Fs9ki1y.jpg

89z24Hh.jpg

IGLY2T2.jpg

TcswcF5.jpg

Since I used a pair of parallel rods to hold these different sized tires I did a little trick.

Thank you very much for looking!

Katsu

Last edited:
She decided to wait and try it with one of her friends this weekend

I've been showing her the builds you have done and your cat pictures and other pictures

She says you are officially the coolest person in Japan!

Wow, praise from the beautiful lady always flies me high up! My honor!
I hope she has a happy moment!

Great bunch of wheels/suspension...reminds me of those Gerry Anderson vehicles from Thunderbirds (y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy:

Oh, joburg-can, you have no idea how much I influenced by their show!

Thank you very much!

katsu

Nice! Something about this state of construction makes me feel like a miniature origami Enterprise should be suspended in the middle. :p

Looks like a solid foundation!

Thank you! Yes, I think it's stiff enough.

Thank you!

Truly ingenious, glad to see you back at the project.

Oh! Hi, Snow Builder-san! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to see you, too.

Hi! Hagoth-san, Oh, no, please keep up the good work!

I thought I add some detail for the suspensions.
I made universal joints (something looks like that, anyway).

Using a 6 mm plastic BB bullet.

Drilled a 0.8 mm tiny hole for 2 axes accurately.

GYUXZvP.jpg

azsgl0t.jpg

Stuck 0.8 mm piano wire.

EVdhSC1.jpg

A little work on a 7 mm aluminum tube.

Uf9XRpp.jpg

QhJqvCf.jpg

It goes there.

KiRGCmJ.jpg

1BToAMR.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back