AAV Drop Ship

Yeah, I remember your FB posts my friend, and I remember salivating over them at the time... just as I am now all over again here on this forum !...
Gotta say though , the professionalism and creativity regarding this wheel and suspension assembly is “taking the cake !”... simply stunning !

Thank you, Ged-san!

Every time I see this meal on a western TV show or movie, I wanted to try it. Reheat the cooked frozen meal dish with an oven, not with a microwave. That's the key! I studied this meal and I learned it has a long history. It's one of the most benefit able inventions by the USA.
Well then! I should build the TV Dinner Table! ;)

Fascinating design - I would NEVER have come up with a design that clever.

And it's only 8:30 AM right now, but those meals are already making me hungry for lunch.

:lol:Thanks, Tom-san! I will refine the design and start to build it.

Katsu-san, today was a lucky day for me. I've been reading threads on the RPF for years, but never found one of yours. Today I did.

Reading about how you care for your family, solve problems around the house, and, incidentally, solve problems for and build an amazing model is an absolute treat. While I agree with your claim that solutions come to us in the moment while working on something, I think you deserve more credit than you're taking for your creativity and artistry.

I'm lookin forward to reading the rest of this thread as it unfolds (and looking for the others you've posted).

Thank you.

EKF5-san,
Thank you very much for stopping by! And thank you for your kind words.
I hope you enjoy this building with me. I'm so happy to share my work with many people here.:D

I got to go pick up my vehicle today.
Here in Japan, we have to have your car inspected every two years.
And it's a substantial expense for everybody. This time, it cost us¥160,000 plus a fee for changing for new tires ¥90,000.
¥250,000 in total. ($2,300.-) The annual automobile tax is ¥85,000. ($800). It's ridiculous.
It's no wonder Japanese young people no longer buy cars.
It's better to buy a new iPhone every year.

Stop being grumpy, be happy!

Thanks!

katsu

You might try something I learned in the scouts as a kid - trail burgers.

Make a patty of ground beef, slice some carrots and potatoes, season it however you want, then wrap them in an aluminum foil pack. Put them in the oven (or like we did, on a campfire) for 20 minutes or so, then cut open the foil and enjoy!

You might try something I learned in the scouts as a kid - trail burgers.

Make a patty of ground beef, slice some carrots and potatoes, season it however you want, then wrap them in an aluminum foil pack. Put them in the oven (or like we did, on a campfire) for 20 minutes or so, then cut open the foil and enjoy!

That's sounds good!
Anything you wrap with a foil is always tasty.
We usually wrap a salmon fillet and onion, mashroom.
I try your recipe. Must be very juicy!

I have just spent the last hour or so reading this truly amazing project build. Its been several years since I have navigated through this forum and I am in awe at the craftsmanship and innovation displayed here. It is not often that you see a master craftsman such as yourself interjecting aspects of their personal lives into the thread. I have to say that I find this to be almost as enjoyable and enriching as the build itself. There is not much that I could add in terms of words that best describes the level of talent portrayed here. I just cant believe that I missed it. In any event, this is a truly amazing project and thank you for sharing not only your exemplary scratchbuilding talents but for allowing us a glimpse into your personal life as well.

I have just spent the last hour or so reading this truly amazing project build. Its been several years since I have navigated through this forum and I am in awe at the craftsmanship and innovation displayed here. It is not often that you see a master craftsman such as yourself interjecting aspects of their personal lives into the thread. I have to say that I find this to be almost as enjoyable and enriching as the build itself. There is not much that I could add in terms of words that best describes the level of talent portrayed here. I just cant believe that I missed it. In any event, this is a truly amazing project and thank you for sharing not only your exemplary scratchbuilding talents but for allowing us a glimpse into your personal life as well.

Star Lord-san,

Thank you very much for watching my ongoing project and your kind words.
And you are welcome. I'm so glad to see someone enjoy my little project and my daily life.
I want my friends to know how are we doing on the other side of the planet. I guess maybe it's similar to how you are doing.

Now I am hungry!

:lol:

Must remember. Eat first, then read Katsu's thread. Good resistance strategy.

Doesn't work. I eat again. :lol:

:lol: I'll keep you hungry!

So happy to see more work on this. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Hi, MoleRat-san my, friend!
I will do my best!

katsu

Hi, everyone!

Sorry for the long absence.
I started up again my build.
The first batch of the tire was a bit too small.
So, I have just stopped while I have been waiting for coming up with an idea. Recently, I decided to build another four large size wheels. And set those 4 smaller tires in between those 6 large tires. Just like the SPV.
And I am now trying to make those tread pattern of the tires more precisely.

View attachment 1362216View attachment 1362215
Again, I'm sorry about putting up another boring pic but I will post up any results soon.

Thanks for looking,

katsu
Nothing is ever boring that you post
You my friend are an inspiration to us all to what we can all achieve

Hi, I know you are in the middle of mayhem but here are some updates.

Started to mass-produce suspension assembly.

kDNYau4.jpg

3LVmRsY.jpg

5DRd1ii.jpg

lUguUom.jpg

ZaLblAq.jpg

iSnwoTU.jpg

khVhjjl.jpg

xFnDdG0.jpg

ZaLblAq.jpg

hD5qDNl.jpg

CeagnqH.jpg

e6dCuSo.jpg

Ed2ssY5.jpg

ALS85JQ.jpg

Thanks for looking,

K.Fujihira
CEO of ILM Co., Ltd. (Industrial Light Metal)

Oh! Hi, gedmac-san, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the pleasant words.
Of course, you are always welcome to my little tavern.;)

I finished the cowling of those engines.

View attachment 1020754

View attachment 1020755

View attachment 1020756

View attachment 1020757

View attachment 1020758

View attachment 1020759

View attachment 1020760

When I making something I've never tried before, I always made extra pieces. The first one.... Huum. The second one is so-so. And the third one will be almost OK. Though I don't know when I might build the things like this again next time or if this will be the one time only but oh, I like this moment.

Please allow me to show you a little things my wife struggling these days.
We Japanese always love to eat Onigiri. A rice ball cooked by a bare hand of mother. We bring it for lunch or small picnic. Just like you do with your peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a hot-dogs. It's easy and loved by everybody.

View attachment 1020761

View attachment 1020762

View attachment 1020763

Recently, my wife got an idea came up in her mind when she put her 'onigiri' in her handbag for her lunch.
How about making a small pouch for 'onigiri'? So, she went out to some local fabric store to shop any appropriate odds and ends of cloth.
And the weekends and the following weekends, she sit behind the sewing machine and made these things.

View attachment 1020764

View attachment 1020765

View attachment 1020766

View attachment 1020767

View attachment 1020768

It can pack one or two 'onigiri'.
Then she brought a bagfull of these pouches and gave it to her woman colleagues in her office.
She said' That was a little sensational moment! Everyone looked so happy to have it. They said it's so new and everyone wanted to have it but none of the things like this was on a shelf of any shops ever.' -- really? -- :unsure:
Anyway, I'm so happy that she found something that makes her forget about the daily bothering jobs.:D
Now she planning to establish her enterprise and put up this 'pouches' on a mas production line and make million. ....Huum... Dream on, my dear.....

Wait a minute... If she could make million, maybe I can buy some new tools like 3D printer or something.
I can be a vice president!

Thanks for looking,

katsu
wonderful little pouches, great idea...just started on your build, fantastic skills (y)

wonderful little pouches, great idea...just started on your build, fantastic skills (y)

Thank you so much for your kind comment, Chuffy 70-san.
Please enjoy!

Katsu-san is Da Machine-san!

Don't even know if that makes sense but when you go to town... wow!

Thank you !!

And.. really!!

Thank you very much, my friends. I'm so happy that you like my work this week.
It was so hard but I am really relieved and awarded.

I hope your election will be finished soon and fair.

My election always finished soon...:confused:

“ Function over Form “ was my go-to creed as an industrial designer... and that still sticks with me today when it comes to conceptualising/interpreting a ‘scratched ’ build , whether my own or those generously shared by others.
Katsu-san , you’re not only creating and following through with this ideal , but also showcasing how beautiful these concepts can be when worked through by a true craftsman !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back