8th Doctor 1996 Sonic Screwdriver Replica

RoccatiDaniele

Hi everyone! After seeing one of the originals sonic screwdrivers from the 1996 movie at the Prop Store auction I decided to make a replica. Here you can see some photos of the 3D model made in Fusion 360 and then the turned aluminium version. Now I'm going to cut in half the "bullet" tip and then add all the holes required. I have already bought some really thin sheet of brass to make the adhesive ring in the main section. About the mechanism, I'm going to make two different versions, one simpler that lock up and down the sonic (there will be also a spring inside) and one another that will have a functioning button like the CO 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver.
v2_3.PNGv22.PNGWhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 15.18.55.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 15.22.25 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 15.22.25.jpeg

Looks great. I like the way you did the spring action. I have one from a run on here and it has a twist lock kind of mechanism. I think yours is more like what we see on screen. Excellent work.

Beautiful work!
Thank you so much!

Looks great. I like the way you did the spring action. I have one from a run on here and it has a twist lock kind of mechanism. I think yours is more like what we see on screen. Excellent work.
Thank you! I've tried my best to make it as screen accurate as possible, I saw replicas made from others but I didn't like the twist-lock mechanism as it rotates the bullet.
At the moment I've rotated the bullet by 180 degrees as in the video wasn't right and I'm probably going to make an even more accurate version. I'm going to try to make a mechanism that will work with a button.

Hi everyone, I'm using this thread even if that replica that I'm showing you today isn't really the one in the title.
Recently I've made a replica of the 2013 version of the 8th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver, originally made by 800-Trekker and for long in display at the Doctor Who Experience Cardiff. This replica is made out of aluminium and brass with the tip painted with gloss red painting. The mechanism isn't perfect as I used the same that I used in the 1996 version. Hope you all like it.
foto_5_con_logo.jpgfoto_11_con_logo.jpg
foto_3_con_logo.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back