63 inch BSG Viper

Oh, this is going to be an awesome build. I'm definitely going to be following this one.

Rick, on the issue of control surfaces, the Viper Mk IIIs in the Blood and Chrome movie being shown on Youtube have them. They match up with the recessed areas on the back of the wings and tail. You can see something similar on the Mk II's wings. Additionally, in season 1's The Hand of God, Apollo fires off retractable braking thrusters.

Thanks all. Katsu it almost knock me out. :lol I had it swung out over the end of the bench and ran into it. It is a solid build. :)
Minor update. Shaping out foam to use for the bucks for the fiberglass shells. Beefing up the engine cradle to carry the weight of the wings and turned out the wing cannons.

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04045.jpg

Stunning build, Mate, and thanks for the advice!

I sent you some reputation points and gave this awesome thread a five star rating!

Regards,
Darren

Thanks all. been fiberglassing some stuff. Forgot how sticky resin is. :facepalm
Atlanthia. Glad I could help. Thanks for the rep and rating :)
Should have some photos up soon, though I havent had much time in the shop. Holidays always take the wind out of me.

Oldhope001. It will be awhile before I am ready to paint. To be honest I had not seen BSG Blood and Chrome yet. Your comment reminded me to take some time and watch it, which I did last night. WOW Is it me or does those Vipers look meaner (battle worthy) then the others.

Small update. I have done fiberglass work on cars and boats before but this is my first time using it for model building. I have a lot to learn.
Rough upper and lower nose shell.
DSC04054.jpg

Two half’s joined
DSC04060.jpg

Touch up with bondo
DSC04071.jpg

I will be back at this after the Holidays. Happy Holidays to all.

Had a bit of time to work on this. Not much progress. But better then none :lol

Started on the seat cushions
DSC04149.jpg

A bit of nose work
DSC04155.jpg

Front side sections opened and recessed for engine / intake (?) components
DSC04153.jpg

DSC04152.jpg

Thanks for looking

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back