5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

Thanks !! Pulling back the curtain a bit, below are a few screen grabs that give examples of Andre's (VFXSup64) amazing Photogrammetry Solves (i.e. Mad Skills) he created that translated to Maruska's 3D model for printing. (You can Reference VFXSup64's incredible journey here: SW – ANH (5 Foot) - Studio Scale Millennium Falcon Build)

IMG_9695.jpg
IMG_9696.jpg
IMG_9697.jpg
IMG_9698.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9695.jpg
    IMG_9695.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_9698.jpg
    IMG_9698.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_9697.jpg
    IMG_9697.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_9696.jpg
    IMG_9696.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 136
One of the best things I did while painting my Dago was let it sit. This gives you a fresh set of eyes to come back in and say, 'Hey here are some parts that need a little more/less color/shading/weathering/scraping/etc. With that said, its coming along wonderfully

What is this part? Looks great,but I don't remember it being on the original model. I have a totally different one
Screenshot_2018-12-06-18-36-59_zpszawxvaya.jpg

Hey Faustus,
David3 is exactly right. The common reference used for the dish are the various pics as the model is today, not in the actual configuration when they filmed A New Hope. You can reference some of the "Chronicles" pics (as in the Black and White David3 inserted above) and various other vintage refs that show what you see today is both the Dish itself is rotated opposite of as-filmed, as well as the base itself. Notice the Harrier part in the base is 180 degrees out from what you see in current pics. So if you are going for the 'original' look, you'd want to flip your dish and rotate the base and orientation would match the pics of how I'm constructing mine. As for the parts, should be in the same Stug kit as the others on the dish.
-Sean

That's what I thought. Thanks for the info. Since mine is based o ne the ESB ship,I think I'll keep it that way lol.

Last edited:
Nice Updates!
Great work as usual Sean!
If I may ask, the Radar Dish base & A-Frame parts, were the machined or 3D Printed?
If 3D printed do you know what type of 3D printer & material was used?
Sorry for the pesky questions,
Very interesting work

Thanks! Joshua,
I use 3D systems printers a lot, though I haven't ha anything grown in SLS in a long time.
It makes sense though, for suck large parts.

hey could you help me with these 3 ids they fell off the original and I see you have them. Thanks loads!
Screenshot_2019-01-10-01-45-46.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back