5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

Hello All,
Just a brief update - LOTS of time/work on all the nuances of weathering/detailing still ongoing, way more time than I expected. Still have a bunch of the little black squares (many different sizes) to airbrush down, need to install the port side docking ring, and finish up the cockpit. But most of the rust, washes and such are almost done.
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg
c4.jpg
c5.jpg
c6.jpg
c7.jpg
c8.jpg
c9.jpg
c10.jpg
c11.jpg

Lastly will be some final 'filters/oversprays', then the decals go on. Can see the finish line, but it's still a ways out.

Even more stunning in person. ;-)

All these little weathering details are really making this pop! Very inspiring and it’s motivating me to get cracking on the couple models I have in the wings.

Thanks for the great update details!

Dan

When I saw her with just the primer on, I have to be honest, I was worried that such a beautiful model could easily be ruined if the paint job wasn't up to scratch. I had no need to worry, your painting skills are top notch, as faustus said a few posts back, she looks better than the original

J

THANKS a Bunch everyone!! Very humbling feedback, really kind! I can't wait to share the final pics with the decals on and final finish. I'm trying my best to stay true to the Original '77 version. Getting close in many areas.
Here's a few more closeups, still needs some additional work in areas, but close. I really enjoyed doing the small 'damage' areas along the mandible truck frame edges.
And... If you were wondering, the radar dish is just set temporarily in place there, thus the 'crooked' look.

Inner1.jpg
Inner2.jpg
Lside.jpg
Rightside1.jpg
Rightside2.jpg

I have to echo all the feedback: just amazing! Thanks for sharing the build and the great pics - it has been a blast following your progress.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back