5 foot falcon construction

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by f1racer, Aug 5, 2005.

1. f1racer

f1racer New Member

Does anyone have any pics of the ANH falcon under construction at ILM? or kitbasher's website?

2. boatbuilder1

boatbuilder1 Well-Known Member

I think bashers website is kaput no longer up
    I think I have those pics on a cd somewhere and what ever ILM pics as well email me and we can hash out the details

andrsnhaus@sbcglobal.net

3. f1racer

f1racer New Member

Im building one and started with the easy stuff: escape pods, cockpit interior. Materials will soon arrive.

4. f1racer

f1racer New Member

Does anyone know a good place to get decals for the ANH falcon?

5. boatbuilder1

I think your on your own there as the originals were trimmed decals from the various kits that were used to bash the bird together

6. f1racer

f1racer New Member

A while ago some was offering the decal that goes on the cockpit and a few other decals. But if Ihave to I will create my own. I have started the construction process I will post pics very soon.

7. boatbuilder1

is this of any help

[​IMG]

8. f1racer

f1racer New Member

This is an excellent photo of the construction process of the ANH Falcon. I will have some pics to post of my ship's armature soon. Right now she doesn't look like much but she's got it where it counts.

9. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The guy doing the decals posted months ago that he still intends to do them (in four footer, 32" and AMT scales) but real life had been getting in the way.

10. f1racer

f1racer New Member

identifying the kits used on this beast is a task............... But im making progress :) :thumbsup

11. boatbuilder1

once I locate my archived cds I will get those images to you or post them here

12. f1racer

f1racer New Member

ANH update: the glue is drying and im starting the plating process. This project can wipeout your styrene supply very fast.