3D Printed Arkham Batsuit DO3D big update 29/08/16

Re: 3D Printed Arkham Batsuit DO3D

Look at these beauties
5e48c5baed5b98a95cfc30253972ead9.jpg

Sent From The Batcave

If you find honeycomb mesh, you could probably put the mesh on top of fabric, and spray a light coat of plastidip on it to create a honeycomb pattern. This would be opposite of your pattern in that the hexagon would be painted and the line would be the color of the fabric.

I have been meaning to try it out for a while now.

Loving your progress on this.

If you find honeycomb mesh, you could probably put the mesh on top of fabric, and spray a light coat of plastidip on it to create a honeycomb pattern. This would be opposite of your pattern in that the hexagon would be painted and the line would be the color of the fabric.

I have been meaning to try it out for a while now.

Loving your progress on this.

This method doesn't work real well. I've tried using a masking pattern with plasti dip and it tends to bond too well to the masking material and pull away sporadically from what you're trying to cover. It may would work if you could spray fast enough to pull the mask off before it could dry. I think it's the reason that in any plasti dip tutorial they pretty much spray everything and then score a line everywhere they want to remove the rubberized coating.

In going for the dye sub for now then next year I can spend my costume budget and a screen printed and leather undersuit :)
I think for now a screen print will serve the correct purpose which I can then improve upon I years to come :)

Sent From The Batcave

Have found someone to custom make my undersuit on a budget with printed honeycomb lycra.

So all I have left to sort are gloves ( hoping to get some really thin leather gloves)
Tactical boots, most importantly the Cape.
also going to get some raised insoles I'm 5'11 so with my boots and insoles I should be around 6'3 which I think is perfect batman height should also help me appear leaner aswell

Sent From The Batcave

Have found someone to custom make my undersuit on a budget with printed honeycomb lycra.

So all I have left to sort are gloves ( hoping to get some really thin leather gloves)
Tactical boots, most importantly the Cape.
also going to get some raised insoles I'm 5'11 so with my boots and insoles I should be around 6'3 which I think is perfect batman height should also help me appear leaner aswell

Sent From The Batcave

Just stay away from platform boots. Saw a batman in NYC wearing boots that were way lifted and he looked ridiculous.

Haha no platforms just standard boot heal plus 3 inch lifts inside

Sent From The Batcave

Anyone have any recommendations on what glue to use to attatch the straps (be elastic) to the armour

Sent From The Batcave

20ec67c9237e8f53647e24df80819533.jpg
2 belt boxes gonna need some filling but should look great when done

Unfortunately he had a bad batch of plastic when he did the helmet so it's being re printed
3aeb006cd457316f19d147acede99128.jpg

Sent From The Batcave

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/20ec67c9237e8f53647e24df80819533.jpg 2 belt boxes gonna need some filling but should look great when done

Unfortunately he had a bad batch of plastic when he did the helmet so it's being re printed
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/3aeb006cd457316f19d147acede99128.jpg

Sent From The Batcave
That looks like the file wasnt solid ie no thickness to it ..i could be wrong looks like it will be a great helmet though

sent from samsung

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back