38" SUPER STAR DESTROYER 'Executor'

rgjacket

user_online.gif
progress.gif
38" SUPER STAR DESTROYER 'Executor'

im about to build the above mentioned model and wondered if anyone has tried using Cold Cathode 12" Tubes to light the inside of this or any other model, then use fiber optics to direct the light out?

will this work? as im rubbish at electrics and wiring.
any help would be great please.

also having alot of problems finding the right size drill bits to use for the .25mm fiber optics.
ive tried e bay but not had much luck there. are there any firms that sell them normaly?

got the pin vices and drill bits on order now.
has anyone got any idea about the Cold Cathode 12" Tube to light the inside and run the fiber optics from this?

i think so but that was alot bigger

Since you're (potentially) using a light source of that size and nature, would fiber optics even be necessary? Couldn't you just use the light itself to shine through the window holes?

I have this same ship and can't decide whether to light it or not...:confused

i wasnt sure if the holes would be far to small for the light to go evenly throughout the model i just thought the fiber optics would direct the light better.

i wasnt sure if the holes would be far to small for the light to go evenly throughout the model i just thought the fiber optics would direct the light better.

You could always test it first, before hitching up miles of fiberoptics...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back