37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Boy that's wicked. If we get a few parts like this together and get them to me i can put together a little update pack, free of charge to the guys that purchased the kit. It would be easy for a handful of the smaller parts, i can just put them into a few open pour molds. Not looking to redo everything mind you, but a handful of greeblies I can put together a nice care package for everyone.

mike

Thanks very much for that Mike - most kind! :)

Boy that's wicked. If we get a few parts like this together and get them to me i can put together a little update pack, free of charge to the guys that purchased the kit. It would be easy for a handful of the smaller parts, i can just put them into a few open pour molds. Not looking to redo everything mind you, but a handful of greeblies I can put together a nice care package for everyone.

mike

Cool! Very generous.

TazMan2000

That is fantastic Mike. I am sure the kit is great without them, but to provide a service like that, you are a god from Kobol.
Looking forward to when mine ships.

mike

That sounds awesome Mike,I hoping you be getting my kit shipped out this week..

I wouldn't sell your self short though mike, you an outstanding job on this kit, I don't think ANYONE would ever have a complaint. I feel that nice there is enough detail to build a really killer kit as it is, but there is enough that we can tweek and add as we see fit, for me this is one of the fun parts of the kit. I still feel this kit is an absolute steal for what your charging.

Got to agree 100% with Trooper here on this one. I would be very proud to build this up as shipped and would love it. The fact that some have made enhancements is a testament to how much we all love this ship and this model.

I'm loving seeing what all you guys are doing as I'm tied up and cant start on mine for a few more weeks.

Thanks guys, I always appreciate the support.

Martyn, if you load these to Shapeways when they are done i will buy the parts and then mold them.

I've been so busy i don't even remember if i told you that i got the parts you did for the 1/24 TOS Raider, thanks again for doing those. Once i am caught up on galacticas i plan to finish that pattern, I'm actually still very excited to finish it, just need the time. Maybe for Wonderfest but i doubt it, more like Jerseyfest time i hope.
thanks
mike

Oh good, was wondering if they turned out okay - did they? And I was going to buy and ship the parts for you, just a small thank-you for what you do for the community. With your pricing and ridiculous work ethic, I think a lot of us feel you're robbing yourself! :p

- - - Updated - - -

PS was planning to have more done by now but have been tied up the last two nights with other things. I'll finish the cranes tonight though, and maybe the other dome.

I tryed to order the honey comb material for the engines myself. Unfortunately I´m not from the US and they ship with Fedex
only. I would order a piece of 10" x 12" for 18 USD but had to cancel that because of the s/h of 94 USD - thats robbery... Does
anyone have a suggestion for me - maybe another company or a source in Europe ? I found this material here in Germany as well,
but they sell only to companys.

I tryed to order the honey comb material for the engines myself. Unfortunately I´m not from the US and they ship with Fedex
only. I would order a piece of 10" x 12" for 18 USD but had to cancel that because of the s/h of 94 USD - thats robbery... Does
anyone have a suggestion for me - maybe another company or a source in Europe ? I found this material here in Germany as well,

I can help you out if you need, pm me your address and I can figure out an estimate on shipping for you from usps.

You can order through their ebay page, they ship to Germany for $6.55 US with usps
The prices are higher there though

They do ship with usps abroad, emailed them with m order to Germany and they sent me a paypal invoice right away.
Shipping costs to Germany for my order $13,40

Hey guys, your made my day :lol
trooper - thanks a lot for your kind offer and cosmic X for your great tip. I didn`t noticed the ebay shop on the website of the company and will contact them directly...
In their shop they have the honey comb material in 0,22" and 0,30" thickness - both with 1/8" cell size. I tend to the thinner material or is the 0,30" size better :confused
Any suggestion ?

Kinda got carried away with the engine section crane details strips. I decided they were a bit spindly and might be best cast on a backing plate, and if a backing plate was going to be involved it could have other things on it…er, suffice to say I did that whole narrow section with the two drop-tank halves, with the drop tanks on mine facing the same way (as per original) instead of facing each other, and other details.

But can anyone be bothered making a mod like that? I’ll do this for my own build but you’d have to chisel off Mike’s droptanks to use the piece.

Kinda got carried away with the engine section crane details strips. I decided they were a bit spindly and might be best cast on a backing plate, and if a backing plate was going to be involved it could have other things on it…er, suffice to say I did that whole narrow section with the two drop-tank halves, with the drop tanks on mine facing the same way (as per original) instead of facing each other, and other details.

But can anyone be bothered making a mod like that? I’ll do this for my own build but you’d have to chisel off Mike’s droptanks to use the piece.

meh, i'll do it :)
the devils in the details ....right :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back