Limited Run 2nd Run "RUN CLOSED"

Re: 2nd Run Obi ANH Crystal chamber ( Now Taking Payments ) RUN CLOSED

I think I could make the NB fit. It would take some doing but I think it would work. Would probably have to use a combination of parts to hold the components in place. I've ordered a couple of pieces from darth ryo with an ID of .88mm to hold the speaker and battery. It's a not a perfect fit for inside the booster but some strips of plastic should fix that.

Hi, could you find a chassis for this chamber even with Nano? I would be interested.
Thanks

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Min arrived today. Love it! Going to figure out a soundboard/led install later. Another thing that really worked out is that my d-ring properly lines up with the clamp, and my transistors finally have something to screw into. Just had to shorten one of them.

IMG_20170128_143532.jpg
IMG_20170128_143440_edit.jpg

You rule ob1!! :)

Last edited:

Hi Rudy interested if you still have available, PM sent... Payment waiting!

Last edited:

received mine this week. thanks!! now i need to actually purchase the roman FX hilt and i am good to go.

If you want to give your parts an aged patina, just run the chamber through a cycle in your dishwasher (take it apart first so you only affect the pieces you want):

Only the body and mounting ring were done - center crystal holding-tubes show the original aluminum color.

attachment.php

I did a little buffing and deburring work on the parts with a convolute wheel mounted to my bench-top grinder first to get rid of machining marks and sharp edges.

Great idea. Have you got a better picture, I can barely see the result?
Thanks

The result is "yuge" :) Easier to see with larger surface area of original machine finish for comparison.

Here's the back end of a Solo's Hold ROTJ V2 I did at the same time:

attachment.php

The tarnish can be buffed back out with an abrasive pad like scotch-brite. This can also be used to even it out, reduce the darkness or create other effects.

I just realized that the image in the previous post is only the thumbnail... Here's the full resolution version - the inserts in the middle are the original machined raw aluminum:

attachment.php

Look fantastic. I want to do the same. Can you make a picture of your wheel?Do you think it will work with dremel/publish to make the edges less sharp?

Did you use soap and the drying agent like you were just running it through with a regular batch of dishes?

Ouah respect. So a nice machine like that I do not have. ;-) I will try with fine sandpaper

Did you use soap and the drying agent like you were just running it through with a regular batch of dishes?

Exactly. I knew from previous experience that it would cause the aluminum to darken (aluminum ice cream scooper many years ago).

Exactly. I knew from previous experience that it would cause the aluminum to darken (aluminum ice cream scooper many years ago).
Thats awesome! Good for guys like me who have no art skills whatsoever when it comes to weathering. Lol

Received the chamber today, OMG this is a beautiful piece of work, I cant wait to see the final install, thanks!! :)

Hi Rudy & all, I have a mate who would like to purchase a 2nd Run Obi ANH Crystal Chamber, if anyone is considering selling their chamber, please send me a PM, thanks...

Rudy will you be combining the list here with the FB Group list or will they be separate interest lists?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back