Interest OT Split Plug Run

bobasfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, might as well get an interest thread started.

This is the original trilogy (OT) split plug replica run. I originally thought I would just draw the Hirschman (HR) plug and change the outside to reflect the different exterior of the OT plug. I realized pretty quickly the shape and some interior details were different. As such, the HR model was modified to reflect these differences so they are more accurate to the OT plugs.

I should also clarify this is not a 3D print. These are made using a special modling process with material used to mimic the material of the original plug and its ability to be flexible at the joint. I think this is as close to the original plug as we will get. (Note: I did not have an OT plug in hand to model, although I believe there are people in the community that apparently have these. If you would like to help the project and would be willing to share some details prior to the final run, please reach out to me. Many thanks in advance.)

For reference, the OT plugs were used on the Fett Rifle (ESB), Hoth Life Scanner (ESB), and Darth Vader Reveal (ESB/ROTJ).

Initial pricing will be:
Split plugs - $18/ea
Split plugs (8 or more) - $15/ea

Price does not include shipping and will be determined later. Again, this is just an interest thread to gage quantities. Please reply to this thread with quantities and I will update the original post. Once I have the total number for production, I will gather more details on timeline, calculate shipping, and request payments.

Photos below are of a sample OT plug (left) next to the HR plug (right). As shown in the photos, the OT replica plugs will be flexible at the hinge points like the HR plug.

plug1.JPGplug2.JPGIMG_E0003[1].JPG

List
teecrooz - 8 + (7) = (15)
Cantina_Dude - 14
Edraven99 - 10
Anakin Starkiller - 8
Odiwan72 - 6
Max Replica - 2
Russellsch - 8
DarthWilder - 4
newmagrathea -
Red Hawk - 2 + (8) = (10)
3DImpact - 4
cdyoung - 14
Dagobah Don - 2
Kurtyboy - 2
StarWarsDave - 4

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

I’m going to need at least 8. Might be as high as 15, but I’ll check on the amount. 8 to start. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Rob

Put me down for 6 of the ones used on the Hoth scanner, please…have enough of the other ones for EE3‘s and VR

Thanks !!!

All, the pricing is ballparked at this point in order to give an estimate and see how much interest there is. I will try to work with you as much as possible for higher numbers. Its just a starting point and like everthing else, all dependent on numbers. Hope that helps.

4 for me is my best guess at quantity for now.

This is awesome - thanks for thinking to do this!

Dan

Between TDH and the RPF, we are at about 100 pieces. To be honest, I thought there would be more interest but I'll leave both threads open till Jan.1 and then see where we are. Hoping for more so we can get the price lower........

100 parts in 3 days of interest is an incredible number. Interest is often much much slower to gather, don't be disappointed:)

I'm not really disappointed honestly, just surprised. I have wanted these for a long time and just figured there would be a lot of people in the same boat. I am a dinasour I guess, but realistically, the more interest the better the price can be for everyone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back