2020 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration NOW CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gifts I received from my Secret Santa (ASH). Amazing work on the phone. Love every single item I received.

Attachments

• 20201226_115123.jpg
    20201226_115123.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20201226_115123.jpg
    20201226_115123.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 20201226_115850.jpg
    20201226_115850.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • 20201226_124637.jpg
    20201226_124637.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • 20201226_122517.jpg
    20201226_122517.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • 20201226_122512.jpg
    20201226_122512.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 159
Opened my present today and I am overjoyed. I received a beautiful custom-made Fertility Idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark (and Solo: A Star Wars Story)! I wanted to let my Santa Beanduck know that it arrived in perfect shape and I will be posting pictures as soon as I get the time to do it justice (why must family intrude on my archaeological discoveries). I love it!

The gifts I received from my Secret Santa (ASH). Amazing work on the phone. Love every single item I received.
Really happy to hear you liked the gifts. When I saw you were a Nightmare On Elm St. fan I racked my brain to figure out what exactly to make for you and the phone idea popped into my head. I was a bit nervous as it was my first attempt at sculpting something like that and I also was concerned it might have broke during the transit to you but I'm relieved to see it made it in one piece and intact. Merry Christmas!

Forgot to post yesterday when I opened my gifts, but I received the UK 3D Blu-ray combo pack for The Rise of Skywalker along with a book on making props/replicas, and I'm very happy with both items! I can't wait to finally watch TRoS for the first time (shockingly I've been able to avoid spoilers), and the book looks like a very interesting/helpful read :D

IMG-5172.jpg

IMG-5179.jpg

Thank you to my Secret Santa, and I hope you and everyone else had a great Christmas!

IMG_4203.jpg

I received my gift well before the holiday and opened it on Christmas. Thank you Secret Santa! You nailed it with the awesome book on the making of “The Blade Runner.” This book dives DEEP into the impacts of the film on and off the screen. I love the bobble head Mando as well. Cheers to a safe and prosperous 2021! This is the way....

What a great day to receive my secret Santa gift(s)!!! Extremely thoughtful and detailed, the letter was almost as good as the thoughtful presents themselves I couldn’t be happier! I have a daughter and a son and my geekdom has been a way to bond with them. My daughter and I have read the Harry Potter books together and watched the movies, my son and I have sat down every Friday the mandalorian has been on and watched them religiously. The presents Ive received hit home so well that it’s like you were spying on me in my house. Thank you very much Secret Santa!!
C1E7A2E3-E13D-4CA6-B132-EA9433C103A8.jpeg

What a great day to receive my secret Santa gift(s)!!! Extremely thoughtful and detailed, the letter was almost as good as the thoughtful presents themselves I couldn’t be happier! I have a daughter and a son and my geekdom has been a way to bond with them. My daughter and I have read the Harry Potter books together and watched the movies, my son and I have sat down every Friday the mandalorian has been on and watched them religiously. The presents Ive received hit home so well that it’s like you were spying on me in my house. Thank you very much Secret Santa!!View attachment 1383089
Aww, love that gift guide letter! So thoughtful!

Kevin Gossett sent me a LOVELY cutout of the fellowship of the ring and a wood burned map of Middle-earth. I've been wanting a map of Middle-earth for a while actually, and this is just the perfect one. Thank you! I'm going to have to clear off a spot on my desk, and they're just itching for a basic stand which will be a fun little project.

I'm so impressed with everyone's gifts, such a nice variety of things. This is the RPF, but it's awesome to be able to express our fandom with things other than props. This year of all years we can use a little bit of extra joy.

Attachments

• PXL_20201228_055627814.NIGHT - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20201228_055627814.NIGHT - Copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
Michael , My recipient Askernas, has received his package a while back. I have been in contact so i know it. I been waiting for him to post in this thread about, but i guess covid, life and christmas has been putting it up. I know that Askernas is a cosplayer as myself , even meet him a few times here in sweden on conventions. He has made a wonderfull SPACEBALLS Dark Helmet cosplay, so what better thing to make him than his very own "SPACEBALLS The Action figures" I been doing a little sculpting lately with Apoxie sculpt, and this is what i did.
2.jpg
1.jpg

Finally getting around to posting what I received!

A really great 3d printed kit of Star-Lord's quad blaster from Guardians of the Galaxy, and a Gandalf the Grey figure from Lord of the Rings

Not sure if my Santa knew this or not, but I actually used to cast kits of this blaster several years ago, but sold the molds. This will be a great project for me to teach my 8 year old the ins and outs of finishing 3d prints

Thank you Santa!
20201228_130231.jpg

Came home from work today to a mystery package! I was so excited I opened it right away and I love it! It was a clock radio shaped like the shuttlecraft Magellan from Star Trek TNG. I threw some batteries in and programmed it and it works great. It is also has the loudest alarm I've ever heard. Guess I'm never accidentally sleeping in again haha. There was no note so I don't know your username but thank you so much!!
IMG_0830.jpg
IMG_0831.jpg
IMG_0834.jpg

Here's a video of the alarm. It is very loud. My cat doesn't seem to like it very much lol

Thank you again! And thank you to Michael for putting this all together. I love making something for someone and I love seeing what everyone gets every year. Can't wait for next year!

Came home from work today to a mystery package! I was so excited I opened it right away and I love it! It was a clock radio shaped like the shuttlecraft Magellan from Star Trek TNG. I threw some batteries in and programmed it and it works great. It is also has the loudest alarm I've ever heard. Guess I'm never accidentally sleeping in again haha. There was no note so I don't know your username but thank you so much!!View attachment 1383618View attachment 1383621View attachment 1383617

Here's a video of the alarm. It is very loud. My cat doesn't seem to like it very much lol

View attachment 1383622

Thank you again! And thank you to Michael for putting this all together. I love making something for someone and I love seeing what everyone gets every year. Can't wait for next year!
Glad you like it. I had so much going on when I got this and sent it to you. With a recent passing in the family and with Thanksgiving and work I kind of forgot to wrap it and to let you know who it was from. Glad you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back