2020 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration NOW CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally, waiting until my recipient received my gift. Been tracking it since, don't know why it is stalled. Anyway, I realized that this is unfair to my Santa and I wanted to showcase their work. Finally, got some time to give it the attention it deserved.

Seeing my love of Indiana Jones and Han Solo, Santa went with an artifact seen in both Raiders of the Lost Ark and Solo: A Star Wars Story (very clever!): The Chachapoyan Fertility Idol.
View attachment 1408749

Presumably, 3D Printed and Painted Gold, I love how the gold finish came out. It photographed nicely
View attachment 1408750

Upon Seeing it my brother immediately demanded, "Throw me the idol, I throw you the whip!" and was quite impressed.
View attachment 1408751

I now have a beautiful prop for my future Indy costume (who knows when that will be)
View attachment 1408752

I just wanted to thank my Santa Beanduck for this amazing piece of work. I've got those dumb hands that can't seem to make props, so I am thrilled to add this piece to my meager collection. I might add a picture with the Belle of Lincoln bottle I got from the COW SS last year.

Thanks again Michael for running this. I can't express how much I look forward/dread it every year!
Man, that gold looks great! Very much in line with the sort of antiqued finish that works really, really well on the idol. If Beanduck sees this, I'd be very curious to know what they used to paint it.

Man, that gold looks great! Very much in line with the sort of antiqued finish that works really, really well on the idol. If Beanduck sees this, I'd be very curious to know what they used to paint it.
I used two colors of gold spray paint. A Rust-Oleum metallic gold spray paint, it almost looks like brass, and a flat gold (gold leaf possibly) underneath from Krylon. I let the flat gold peak out in places. I'm not sure exactly, but I think you can get the Rust-Oleum to look aged by having a variable finish, slightly rougher in some parts than others. I found the shine to cast differently on a rough surface, like the teeth and other hard to sand parts.

Yes! I got mine — sorry for the delay in response. I tried to login on my phone a couple weeks ago and it was being a pain and then I forgot to retry. I got two Game of Thrones coins from Shire Mint! They’re chilling out with my Gringotts coins now. Thank you!!
B1E6C385-4BAD-4CA5-9737-78C2D9F2D3BD.jpeg
1A741CA8-DA82-49EE-8239-05362DC09C9C.jpeg

Last edited:
My Santa sent me a custom “Journeyman” Light Sabre powered by Sabertec electronics. I love it and placed it next to my Luke (ANH) and Vader hilts. Thanks again Santa, and another big thank you to Michael for running a successful event for us all again.

Attachments

• E178C26A-767C-4548-B199-14C3F00708FE.jpeg
    E178C26A-767C-4548-B199-14C3F00708FE.jpeg
    976.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 0BCF7B4D-5C1F-4608-BB00-2B425D9C97FD.jpeg
    0BCF7B4D-5C1F-4608-BB00-2B425D9C97FD.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 150
  • 08B44348-4DCB-4E1F-BA20-A58B294ED1C7.jpeg
    08B44348-4DCB-4E1F-BA20-A58B294ED1C7.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 157
  • A40FFCAA-B9E1-4118-8437-2309651BE83C.jpeg
    A40FFCAA-B9E1-4118-8437-2309651BE83C.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 160
Yes! I got mine — sorry for the delay in response. I tried to login on my phone a couple weeks ago and it was being a pain and then I forgot to retry. I got two Game of Thrones coins from Shire Mint! They’re chilling out with my Gringotts coins now. Thank you!!View attachment 1409911View attachment 1409912
OMG now I have to get myself one of those coins. Lol

I haven't received yet but I was given the tracking number so I've been checking up on the status. I am sure it will turn up soon. I know that shipping has been backed up for a while so I will just be patient and wait.

When you've received your gift please let us know! Seems you're the last waiting. Feel free to PM me the tracking number and I'll keep an eye on it too. :)

I'm going to have the sticky removed on this thread but will still check in to make sure you received.

I have not seen my match (thorssoli) post what i got him this year so here is pictures of the items i sent him they were all bought items sine i am not good at making anything.

Attachments

• Terminator chip.jpg
    Terminator chip.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Serenity-firefly key ring.jpg
    Serenity-firefly key ring.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Lord of the rings map.jpg
    Lord of the rings map.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 144
  • BSG Patches.jpg
    BSG Patches.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 152
Just got my gift sent to me from my parents place. I am so impressed.
Thanks to my Secret Santa
Couldn’t have asked for a cooler gift! They nailed it.
Thanks Muddles or Muddler I couldn’t read the name to well, I’m rubbish at reading handwriting.
Some epic t-800 chips.
Happy that you like them! Making them was also a lot of fun! (Especially taking one freshly cast CPU to directly break and burn it...:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back