2018 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Package delivered today. My Santa got me the DeLorean license plates from Back to the Future! Both the 1985 and the 2015! I absolutely love them, and I didn't have them in my collection. Super psyched, I took a trip to L.A. in 2014, and looked multiple places for them (even Universal Studios). I will post pictures when I get the time.

Thank you Santa! I love the gift.

Almost forgot to post! I received my package on Christmas Eve. Check it out:

holo1.jpg
holo2.jpg
holo3.jpg

Laser engraved "holograms"! They're etched acrylic pieces that insert into a lit base. The bases have a remote control that lets you change the colors and other effects. Very cool! Thanks to my Secret Santa for this awesome gift!

Scott

I still haven't fully opened the package with my SS gift inside, but I couldn't resist opening one side of the box to peek inside to see if perhaps the gift was wrapped so I could take it out of the package. I didn't see any wrapping paper, just some bubble wrap so I stopped peeking inside. I did snap a picture of the box it arrived in if anyone is curious...

SS-Package.jpg

I'm a bit concerned it'll be damaged considering the damage to the box (and the "Glass/Fragile" sticker on it), but considering the bubble wrap I saw inside I'm hopeful that whatever it is it's well protected
pray.gif
(luckily I don't hear anything moving/rattling around inside, although I didn't want to risk shaking it to check).

Oh and the DC Comics canvas wall art thing behind the package is another item I received for Christmas :D (from my brother). I'll probably post some better pics of it (and the other items I got for Christmas) once I finally open my SS gift, since I'll naturally be posting pics of whatever it ends up being :)

Unfortunately my recipient's package still hasn't been delivered (according to the tracking info anyways), so I will continue to patiently wait until they receive it to open mine. Hopefully it'll arrive on Monday and not next year
pray.gif

EDIT - I forgot to mention that my Secret Santa's RPF handle/nickname is on the outside of the package, and I just wanted to say thanks in advance to Broilermaker (my SS). I'm sure I'll be more than happy with whatever it is (y)

I still haven't fully opened the package with my SS gift inside, but I couldn't resist opening one side of the box to peek inside to see if perhaps the gift was wrapped so I could take it out of the package. I didn't see any wrapping paper, just some bubble wrap so I stopped peeking inside. I did snap a picture of the box it arrived in if anyone is curious...

View attachment 969450

I'm a bit concerned it'll be damaged considering the damage to the box (and the "Glass/Fragile" sticker on it), but considering the bubble wrap I saw inside I'm hopeful that whatever it is it's well protected View attachment 969451 (luckily I don't hear anything moving/rattling around inside, although I didn't want to risk shaking it to check).

Oh and the DC Comics canvas wall art thing behind the package is another item I received for Christmas :D (from my brother). I'll probably post some better pics of it (and the other items I got for Christmas) once I finally open my SS gift, since I'll naturally be posting pics of whatever it ends up being :)

Unfortunately my recipient's package still hasn't been delivered (according to the tracking info anyways), so I will continue to patiently wait until they receive it to open mine. Hopefully it'll arrive on Monday and not next year View attachment 969452

EDIT - I forgot to mention that my Secret Santa's RPF handle/nickname is on the outside of the package, and I just wanted to say thanks in advance to Broilermaker (my SS). I'm sure I'll be more than happy with whatever it is (y)
Any reason you aren't opening it yet or are you still at Aquaman?

Finally, I got some time to post my photos.

Here's the gift in it's beautiful wrapping paper.
Gift Wrapped.JPG

1985 License Plate
1985 License Plate.JPG

2015 License Plate
2015 License Plate.JPG

Both License Plates (Paradox that they're together?)
Both License Plates.JPG

Thanks again to my Santa. I've been wanting these for some time. I especially appreciate that they are shrink-wrapped. Now, I just need to get me a DeLorean to put these to their proper use.

Thanks again Michael for running this, and I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Last edited:

full

1985 License Plate
full

2015 License Plate
full

full

Thanks again to my Santa. I've been wanting these for some time. I especially appreciate that they are shrink-wrapped. Now, I just need to get me a DeLorean to put these to their proper use.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any pictures.

full

1985 License Plate
full

2015 License Plate
full

full

there is no pictures showing with this post

Thanks for the feedback. I originally tried to do a Gallery. I just edited the original post with "Image Upload". Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Am I missing something or have 21 people (27%) still not received anything? I know there were a couple gifts that went out late, but that number seems high. Or are porch pirates targeting us?

Am I missing something or have 21 people (27%) still not received anything? I know there were a couple gifts that went out late, but that number seems high. Or are porch pirates targeting us?

PORCH PIRATES?....... THE ANAL GLANDS!!!......

Havent got mine yet. Popped to the unit today and no delivery attempts so hopefully in this week at some point. Fingers crossed.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back