2011 Red Y-Wing: Build Thread™

Calling it a night!

instructions2.jpg

What detail are you referring to?

Also, how do you know about the "3 guys". Not questioning, just curious.

:confused

The entire cockpit interior which we can choose to include or leave out (they never built an interior on the red model).

I always thought, even as a kid, that the run of 3 windows on the cockpit made the ship look like you could fit a small crew in that head module. In the Rinzler book I discovered for the first time that that had been the intention. The Y was conceived as a larger ship, like a WWII fighter/bomber, with two MANNED turrets on the head, but budget cuts to the full-size sets forced a drastic reduction on the scale of the ship.

So without that single big seat in there you can play at big Y-wings. If you're so inclined. And I am, from time to time.

Jason, instructions and build look terrific!

Ohhh my.... I think.... yep.... I got Y wood! That's a great shot and it really shows off the collection and application of accurate parts!

Keep going Jason!!!!! URA Resin BEAST!

Steve

This model is EVERYTHING I've ever wanted these things to be... thanks for listening to all of my whining all these years about plant-ons. Seriously sexy stuff, yeah. I still feel like I'm dreaming.

Sillies, the landing gear is in the engines, like the X-Wings. Tardis tech. ;)

Hey! It works for B-25s and P-38s and Mosquitoes, doesn't it? Why not a turbine-powered space fighter too? :behave

As far as I am concerned this model should be made as it was originally envisioned (with the BF109 guns etc)... And the absence of cockpit detail

Wait what...I thought the lack of a cockpit thing was a time constraint, or because the UK art department/set crew was going to work the cockpits up, or something? Mine'll have Bf109 guns *and* a cockpit...

I too have to agree with Jamie and Simon, 109 guns for sure, a while back we all saw the grayscale aft shot of this bird, as first built, and it was a thing of beauty to look at.

I have been drooling over those Famous Spaceship shots since I was a wee small lad...

Oh hey Simon - there's your riveted Falcon jaw box disc, didja spot it?

For the sake of the ill-informed (me) These legendary Me-109 guns where do they go- is it the turret on the top of the cockpit by any chance? I presume this is the airfix 1/24 variety then....

I did that a few years ago.......I'm a bad boy....painting a B-Wing on Xmas day whilst the oldies slept in front of ET or was it the Wizard of Oz?

Got away with it also

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back