1/700 & 1/350 scale BH Cygnus builds

Just joined after reading through all 33 pages of this remarkable build. I have nearly been crying several times at how beautiful the 1/350 scale model has turned out. After hearing about what happened to the two other models; it's very distressing to think that they have been lost to the ravages of time and carelessness. I only wish I could see what those original high definition blueprints for the Cygnus were... I bet they'd be beautiful.

WOOHOO!!!

Indeed! They are perfect. I've gotten to the point where every part I get from now on will connect two or more parts together, so double WOOHOO.

Could you please put the B tank rear piping and the rear hanger door back up? Preferably FUD or what ever the new high detail is.

Well that's good at least, some recent printing with no problems for once - does my morale some good! I've now done fixes for the observatory antenna cage, the B fuel module, the port stern core part (I hope...there was nothing really wrong with it) and the stern A fuel module. Next up is the stern upper spine (I need one too) and the front A fuel module. I'll fit in the B tank piping etc before too long also. I haven't made any of these public yet; may hold off on that until I can get them out of Beta. All in all it will take a while as I'm doing other projects ahead of this and just sneaking in bits of time here and there. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the kind words TailsPrower007.

My thought was to put the pieces that were on Pinshape back on Shapeways to see if they would fly without additional work on your part. Both the B rear piping and upper observatory base passed all their tests I just didn't order them before they quit. Whether or not they would have succeeded I have no clue but...

You're doing an awesome job in all of this. I just wonder how much of the failures are something real. I don't want you to have to spend a lot of effort chasing ghosts given how much you have done to get this far.

I'm quite late to this project, please forgive my ignorance, where can I find the shapeways link? And has anyone tried an outside vendor for printing? This is a truly amazing model, has anyone assembled a complete kit yet? Thank you.

Here is the link for shapeways. www.shapeways.com They charge a standard carriage fee of £10 per order, so you're better off with bigger orders.
Shapeways also won't print dave's 1/700 topspine part.
I had mine printed at www.materialise-onsite.com.
They are a bit pricier than shapeways, but the service is good and I received the part in less than a week.
Welcome to the cygnus builder's club...

Has anyone updated the bow armature file? If so, can you share it? It would help if the file is in vector-format, such as DXF, DWG, CDR or PDF. Laser-cutting companies ask for vector-format files to be able to print/cut.

Does anyone have Dave's original Bow armature PDF template? I am assuming at this point Dave is not coming back to this forum.

To the best of my knowledge, Dave never uploaded any bow armature files. Once I've got both top and bottom sections, I'll have a block of acrylic/Perspex cut to size. That's the plan anyway...

As far as I know Dave didn't upload any files for a bow armature. When I get the rest of the bow sections, my plan is to cut a square of acrylic/perspex to fit. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Hi Folks,

I'm back, finally. Had a change of jobs but things are settling down. Thanks for the uploaded files. I've got my Form1+ running nearly constantly and have a Form2 on the way. I'm also getting up to speed on Autodesk Fusion360 and Solidworks. Anyone else use either of these?

Bryan

What I read so far is that I can't buy the ''Cygnus'' kit not complete by Shapeways ? What would cost the complete Cygnus and where can I get the complete kit?
I was asking Dave on Shapeways but no answer!

There are missing parts, I think?
Here's what I bought - I don't see everything listed any more.

I had to have things regrown MULTIPLE times, to get good looking parts. The long spines were always broken, or warped. Finally got a complete set - I must say Shapeways was VERY good about sending replacements.

Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.15.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.15.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.15.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.16.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.16.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.16.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.16.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-06 at 8.16.16 PM.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back