1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens) plastic model BANDAI

Nice update Pinousse, having fun with the decals?:thumbsup

Before having done with the top decals I have to tried some first step weathering on the vents to be sure if I will go with them before put the varnish on and moving to the next step :thumbsup

So before going to the underside decals I have made some tests:

Once fully dry they would be good so I go with them :thumbsup

And next:

Done with what I wanted to do to the top before the first coat of varnish :thumbsup (just need 1 decals marking to do that I have missed oups^^)

Now I have to do the same with the underside, but that's almost done :cheers

Last edited:
Nice work dude

I feel the pain of doing the decals, it takes ages doesnt it. there is 117 on this kit. how long did it take you to finish them? im still going lol

You got a very nice application for the decals. From the pics it looks like they formed well to all the raised greeblie areas. Did you use decal softner?

Nice work dude

I feel the pain of doing the decals, it takes ages doesnt it. there is 117 on this kit. how long did it take you to finish them? im still going lol

You got a very nice application for the decals. From the pics it looks like they formed well to all the raised greeblie areas. Did you use decal softner?

Almost done with the decal and yes it take me 3 evening :lol

And yes I use decal softner :thumbsup

Good luck with your decals :cheers

Finely nailed the look I wanted for the fans / intakes vents later last evening :thumbsup

I have weathered it before the first coat ok varnish :thumbsup

I did that because I used the decals, black paint wash and pigments and I wanted a realy strong protection in this area :)

They look way beter in real life but at least this pics give the general idea :rolleyes

Since I have not yet received the varnish I ordered, this evening will be some cleaning, fine tuning and may be some work on the figures :thumbsup

Harsh day at work I'm tired :wacko

Forgot to mention I added the grill in addition to the blue diffuser look more accurate to me :rolleyes

And so bright! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back