Vader ESB/Jedi Bladed Stunt

I hate to do this but BAlinger15 if you're around, and have an opinion, I'm not sure if we're looking at a stunt saber we haven't seen yet or some screwed up MPP Flash part. ( post #19) Almost looks like a Heiland stubby shroud.

How could I forget these!
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 11.48.35 PM.png
CaveMPPTTrack.jpg
ESBCarbonChamber1.jpg
MPPCore.jpg

I can actually see 2 T track in the second picture, in the Cave scene

This is from Jedi, as Luke is on the catwalk. Vader mostly holds the MPP Bladed stunt but in this one shot...

I almost want to say that's the back of the DV6, with the little fake D ring hanging over the thumbscrew. I think I see those depressed circles on the collar.

On that note - this picture from the archives tells me the DV6 used found parts, stacked, for the collar, they may have been square and they had to carve them to shape, resulting in the uneven shoulders. The depressed circles are stark

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg
Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg

The unusual shaped "broken" MPP shroud is one that has been notched out. I assume so they could access allen head bolts securinf the blade on either side.

Hey, thank you!

I ran into this problem with my "pipe" stunt - I use the little hole on the back to access the other set screw

It kinda looks like the resin Barbie used in ROTJ for Vader's hand-severing gag.
That saber was bladed for the previous movie (the metal original) so it could still have had a blade in it for Jedi... but that big white dot seems to be on the shoulder of the shroud instead of above it

Just double checking, are we talking about the first picture from ESB there that looks like the bevel/shroud was shortened? I cant seem to find it anywhere else

The second photo from Jedi looks like it was notched a little but has the full shroud tip

I still can’t see or tell anything because I can’t make out what I’m looking at

But it sounds like Brandon just let us know there was another MPP stunt we never knew about

The notch shroud MPP

Ill doodle up something this afternoon, i think he was responding to an earlier post of mine where i tagged him lol

I noticed a weird MPP on the first page, but compared it to another weird looking one and its confusing me

Ill doodle up something this afternoon, i think he was responding to an earlier post of mine where i tagged him lol

I noticed a weird MPP on the first page, but compared it to another weird looking one and its confusing me

Aaahhhhh

Here sir

this is what I’m seeing when it comes to the notch pattern. It’s tricky, this could just be the same saber and the real pattern is somewhere in between now that I’m looking at it. The core is sitting pretty high up which makes me think they even sliced some of the front lower
20F9D56F-0400-49D6-83E6-109CF0EA74E1.jpeg
F908627C-E611-40CC-A293-52D391F0F75E.png
902BDB89-1921-4CDA-8AD8-E37FE77D6EEB.png

This is from the blade research thread, just dropping it here too for myself

Attachments

• B428CF21-18EA-4789-8501-C7DD3D10CC14_1_201_a.jpeg
    B428CF21-18EA-4789-8501-C7DD3D10CC14_1_201_a.jpeg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 80

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back