Darth Vader ESB Lightsaber: Early Filming Variation Identified

I consider myself as obsessed with the details of Star Wars props as I thought one could be—and now I'm discovering that certain minutia has no bearing on the cherished memories I have of the props as I perceived them as an ardent fan and student of the films. I continually try to find the elusive "when is enough, enough?" point in my appreciation for SW props while viewing and/or building them.

To me there are characteristic things about the real props I try to capture. The V2 being heavy, rattling and having that “cast and machined look” is important to me. This ESB saber…. The right length t track with screws, the bubble strip with board behind it, the heavy and chipped emitter shroud.. etc

This bumper I’m on the fence about, I have this calculator and my bumpers were brown lol

It’s so minute and not really visible on screen, which is why it hadn’t been identified.

I like it as an ESB specific item and a less damaged shroud. For my ROTJ hero I like grip screws and a more damaged shroud. Just a way to have a more differentiated hero for each film and not be wrong no matter what you choose to do.

I tend to idealise my props, so my only Vader hilt is ESB minus the screws and the grips as "aligned" as possible. A square button on a clamp isn't gonna have me sweating bullets again whether or not to get a new one just to make one more accurate (ANH two rivets, anyone?).

The wire jumpers in the ESB saber always bugged me, despite the fact that they fixed the symmetry from the New Hope hero saber which made it look better. That's why my favorite remains the little known ANH variant with the red LEDs instead of the bubble strip.

The wire jumpers in the ESB saber always bugged me, despite the fact that they fixed the symmetry from the New Hope hero saber which made it look better. That's why my favorite remains the little known ANH variant with the red LEDs instead of the bubble strip.
You and me both brother

Just found one in my graflex Vulcanoid case full of unbuilt parts! I think I only got one on my TI-3, or it was inside between components I can’t remember.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back