Cin Drallig Stunt hilt

This design makes it so, if you install the saber with electronics, you cant use a fiberglass blade. Am I correct?
But, if you thread the static emitter head, and forget trying get the push rod all the way to the pommel, you could just mount the carbon fiber blade on a 10mm threaded rod and secure it to emitter, right? Then you could swap emitter heads as you like, and swap blades fx/carbon fiber, and still keep the option to install fx.

Just a thought
For some reason i didn't read this comment till today. This makes perfect sense. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now I was asked on another thread on the "canonized" version of this hilt. Im still debating on what to do since there are 3 digital versions, the book illustration, the book render and the clone wars.

I've seen a metal version of the 3d rendered book and looks quite decent:
Cindrallig.png

So i'm more inclined to make the illustration one with some exceptions:
drallig003.jpg

The first exception i would be making is that I would be using the Shaak ti Body. It seems that on the illustration the bezeled leds and the led bar are flipped left to right... Im hoping this can be done cost effectively when i do the Shaak ti run.

To me its clear that the emitter and pommel have the same type of construction as the Fisto, SO ill be using that.

The second exception will be the material, I'm not entirely sure if brass is the correct metal to use or is it bronze?
Brass
Cin.png

Bronze
Shaak ti (4).png

Note that I didnt swap the led bar and bezeled leds for these renders. And well since the book render version has them on the correct (shaak ti) direction I might keep them that way?

So what do you guys think? Brass or bronze?
Swap the leds or not?

Also note that none of the parts are shared with the Stunt version. So these will probably be different projects.

The neck section on the cin drallig hilt between emitter and control box seems longer than the shaak ti version. Or would you just use a shaak ti grip section to keep cost down and still very close to the original? Thanks

The neck section on the cin drallig hilt between emitter and control box seems longer than the shaak ti version. Or would you just use a shaak ti grip section to keep cost down and still very close to the original? Thanks
Thats what Im debating on, I do know what you mean with the longer different neck. I will think about this and how can the shop make both versions without adding much cost.

Can we assume that the hilt from the illustration is flipped (left to right)? I mean if you compare it to the book rendered it does look like its flipped.

Here is a comparison with the illustration one flipped

1712751989031.png

This is how it would look like with a modified body
Cin drallig Book illustration02.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back