Darth Vader ESB armor 501st eligibility

Skywalker1973

I have a question on the ESB Vader shoulder armor. The 501st rules (Costuming:SL esb vader - Databank) states that there cannot be a visible cape hook. However, I noticed when watching the film, you can clearly see a silver cape hook in the scene at the end of the duel between Vader and Luke. I rewound the movie again to check, didn't see the cape hook in any other ESB Vader scene, so I am wondering if anyone may know why the 501st does not allow a cape hook for ESB eligibility? Here is a small snippet of that scene for reference.

cape_hook_esb.jpeg

I have a question on the ESB Vader shoulder armor. The 501st rules (Costuming:SL esb vader - Databank) states that there cannot be a visible cape hook. However, I noticed when watching the film, you can clearly see a silver cape hook in the scene at the end of the duel between Vader and Luke. I rewound the movie again to check, didn't see the cape hook in any other ESB Vader scene, so I am wondering if anyone may know why the 501st does not allow a cape hook for ESB eligibility? Here is a small snippet of that scene for reference.

View attachment 1780313

Hey man hopefully I can help abit.

The 501st mainly focuses on screen accuracy not actual prop accuracy

So the rules are only based off of what Vader looked like 90 percent of the time in the movie
In ESB you never see the cape hook 99 percent of the time so Vader must not have had a cape hook is the logic
so ESB Vader doesn't have a cape hook in the rules

in ROTJ where you can see the hook plainly and clearly 99 percent of the time
it is included in the rules because that IS how Vader looked in the movie

Hey man hopefully I can help abit.

The 501st mainly focuses on screen accuracy not actual prop accuracy

So the rules are only based off of what Vader looked like 90 percent of the time in the movie
In ESB you never see the cape hook 99 percent of the time so Vader must not have had a cape hook is the logic
so ESB Vader doesn't have a cape hook in the rules

in ROTJ where you can see the hook plainly and clearly 99 percent of the time
it is included in the rules because that IS how Vader looked in the movie
This now makes sense to me, I always wondered how it worked

I have another question for anyone who might know. I wanted to find some accurate "lineage" fiberglass shin armor for my Vader build. Any suggestions for where to find a ready-to-wear ESB pair of shiny shins?

I'm still working on my ESB Vader build. I am thinking about purchasing my leather 3-piece suit from Custom-Props. But I am still looking for the best option for the cape and inner robe. From reading other posts on Vader builds, Kev Vader made great capes, but I think he has retired. I was thinking about the Custom-Props cape and robe, but I wanted to know if anyone else has a recommendation?

I'm still working on my ESB Vader build. I am thinking about purchasing my leather 3-piece suit from Custom-Props. But I am still looking for the best option for the cape and inner robe. From reading other posts on Vader builds, Kev Vader made great capes, but I think he has retired. I was thinking about the Custom-Props cape and robe, but I wanted to know if anyone else has a recommendation?
I don’t know if she still makes them but I have a cape and tabbard from Kelly Jo Boyd. It looks and feels very high quality. I’ve had it for years and it doesn’t have a single loose thread. This is how my Vader looks atm with the cape and tabbard but I’m the middle of upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4169.jpeg
    IMG_4169.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Thanks Tempideus for the info and photo references. The cape material and construction looks very nice.

I tried sithplanet.com and planetsith.com but it appears she is no longer online. :-(

As of now, I am tying to get in contact with Christian @ cucblackprops.com to see about a cape. Not sure if anyone here has a cape from CB Props?

I would jump onto the Sith Lord Detachment Forum and ask all of these questions. I know that Kelly has a replacement now, but I can't remember her name. You should be able to find it on the SLD.

Found it on Facebook. Here is the post from Cinda Noel Baird

OK gang - time to blow the lid off my new venture . . . . .
I have taken over Kelly Jo Boyd business of making Dark Lord robe and cape sets. And what a journey it has been so far! I am just releasing my facebook page at Cibaso Creations along with my website; cibasocreations.com
Please take a look - like my page - and share with those who love 'The Dark Side'.
Got questions? shoot me a message at cibasocreations@gmail.com

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back