Vader ESB/Jedi Bladed Stunt

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Starting a thread for another project on my workbench

A buddy did me a solid (ha ha) and bored a few cores for me on a lathe. Much cleaner than my last job, and my goals for the future are to learn to drill more centered and cleaner. In the mean-time, this one core is... I think 4-5 inches long, and with a layer of gaffer tape, slip fits into a Roman's MPP tube. Haven't tested a Heiland yet, not sure what I'll use.

This first post is a pic-dump of reference I'm using. Credit goes to folks who've bought the Archives book and scanned images for us. I can put your names up if you find your picture!
ColinSesb.jpg
Dagobahduel.jpg
woodchop.jpg
main2_DarthVader-flight.jpg
04.jpg
bladeref3MPP.jpg

Still not sure what I'll use as a blade, I may make another ski-pole like my Graflex and 1st Gen Pipe Stunt (2nd Gen coming soon) and it will have a collar at the bottom. I am looking for a photo from a book... I think the focus was the V3 but you can see the MPP holes are not dark, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

This would be a very interesting project! You would think theres more than one allen bolt on that stunt hilt. It would be awesome to have more photos of this particular saber. The blade looks quite thin in most of those photos ski pole almost seems too thick. Maybe a golf club Wrapped in that 3m reflective sheet? Maybe that would be more of an accurate visual example methinks.

I have my doubts about that last photo. The holes are dark, which means theres space behind the port holes. Maybe the blade is clipped to the emitter or there are holes drilled in the core for the wires

does anyone know what was actually used for that stunt blade on set ?

Nope not yet. Steve Sansweet, owner of Rancho Obi Wan claims to have a production used saber. He says they were some sort of vintage military antenna. But I do not believe that has been verified as of yet.

Nope not yet. Steve Sansweet, owner of Rancho Obi Wan claims to have a production used saber. He says they were some sort of vintage military antenna. But I do not believe that has been verified as of yet.
using a vintage found part for a non-screen item doesn't sound very efficient

I would go check out the 2/3 threads on that topic to help the conversation here. OT Stunt blade thread, my ESB Graflex Stunt thread, Vader Saber flexing is another.

ANH used wood, ESB/Jedi used some flexible material we can't identify. Sansweet's saber is absolutely a 90s or late 80s promotional saber or something unrelated to production.

I would go check out the 2/3 threads on that topic to help the conversation here. OT Stunt blade thread, my ESB Graflex Stunt thread, Vader Saber flexing is another.

ANH used wood, ESB/Jedi used some flexible material we can't identify. Sansweet's saber is absolutely a 90s or late 80s promotional saber or something unrelated to production.
thank you

Now, call me crazy but we dont have close up shots of the MPP stunts. What if it's another split socket?

You cant put wires in the sockets with a core in there. What if theres a core above and below the plastic pieces, ala the graflex stunt?!
empire07b-vi.jpg

I just took apart a heiland socket and sure enough, there are two pieces of plastic beneath the spring socket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back