Vader ESB/Jedi Bladed Stunt

18341731_10155243753721948_3249656564803941235_n_zpsjareeyff.JPG

lol_zpsc41e1f37.GIF

Chaïm

Lol oh Sym-Cha

Poikilotherm was kind enough to share this public version of a photo with me. There is a private version that is just better resolution, so still no sign of bolt placement.

And HA! I TOLD YOU! Combine this with that photo of Vader in the ESB chamber pointing his saber down… where you can see a full reflection of the face of the core.
C8CB383D-BF87-4616-BED8-B07BFC6FACB8.png

It’s a core raised all the way up to the rim of the shroud. HA! Anyways, in the Dagobah shots I see wires… so this again proved my double core theory. I also see a slotted screw, just like the MPP flash. So… those are tapped into the core. On the Heiland this doesn’t exist, so I bought the right items and tapped M2.5 screws where they go. Looks quite nice
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
Now this means I have the replica MPP bulb release and these two screws. That’s 4 little screws, so technically the core isn’t going anywhere

I also added one M5 grub screw per core, affixing the tang in place. If they did this, they would have had to remove the core stack to make it a belt hanger. I guess that’s not hard to do.

With the Graflex, obviously making it a belt hanger after filming was tough because they cut the tang.. so for that I’m assuming the screw is inside. (And the possible pop rivets….)

Anyway, I did have to sand off a little bit of plastic under the Roman bulb release. That little piece is genius and the tab holds it in the bulb release area of the socket on a Romans and possibly a real MPP. Thankfully on a Heiland the spring for the button lands beneath the open switch hole. So the surface of the tube is used.

It looks like there are T track on the mpp multiple times during filming.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back