Marvel Studios Echo (2024) Disney+ series

Just wondering, and I'm certainly no historian on Native American culture, but in 1200 AD did the Choctaw have the capability to make boards and planks? I'm referring to the flashback episode where they are playing that game. I get the thatched roofs and huts and all, but those "bleachers" seemed to have really well sawed planks for floors.

Again, if they did have that capability, fine, just seemed odd to me. Just a thought.
I watched a breakdown that said several Native American cultures had civilizations much like the one shown. Several of the structures still remain. The idea was that once the Spanish landed & widespread disease ran rampant, the tribes became much smaller & more nomadic. What the English saw, with the teepees & such were a result of the aftermath.

I haven't personally researched it, but have seen images of the ruins in states like Alabama.

Just wondering, and I'm certainly no historian on Native American culture, but in 1200 AD did the Choctaw have the capability to make boards and planks? I'm referring to the flashback episode where they are playing that game. I get the thatched roofs and huts and all, but those "bleachers" seemed to have really well sawed planks for floors.

Again, if they did have that capability, fine, just seemed odd to me. Just a thought.
From the National Parks Service:

Still got 2 episodes to watch, I'll be settling in with a cuppa to watch those this afternoon. Looking forward to see how this

On a side note, it's great to see Marvel giving more representation to the Welsh. After Gravik's Butetown accent in Secret Invasion we now get another Cardiff accent in Andrew Howard's turn as Kingpin's henchman "Zane".
So many TV shows have English, Irish and Scottish characters and actors aplenty, Wales is always very underrepresented.

Still got 2 episodes to watch, I'll be settling in with a cuppa to watch those this afternoon. Looking forward to see how this

On a side note, it's great to see Marvel giving more representation to the Welsh. After Gravik's Butetown accent in Secret Invasion we now get another Cardiff accent in Andrew Howard's turn as Kingpin's henchman "Zane".
So many TV shows have English, Irish and Scottish characters and actors aplenty, Wales is always very underrepresented.
It's true, the Welsh accents are so lyrical and lovely. I've gotten hooked on Welcome to Wrexham, in large part because the townsfolk are so great.

It's true, the Welsh accents are so lyrical and lovely. I've gotten hooked on Welcome to Wrexham, in large part because the townsfolk are so great.
I'm not a football fan or a Ryan Reynolds fan but respect and praise where it is due he and Rob have done a great job of putting Wales on the map and hopefully people don't still think Wales is "England".

kingpin is awesome, vincent d'onofrio steals every scene he's in,
and alaqua cox and the other cast are very good,
i really like the native culture inclusion to, but in terms of a marvel comic story, it was ok at best
if dd born again is like the season 4 we never got, it should of came before this,
and would have helped this show much much better,
i hope after they fix born again, it may just have something closer to the netflix show and better connects, which im missing

but whats good about this show to me, is that it got me interested in learning some sign. (y)

Last edited:
Enjoyed it. I was a little leery, as I gave up on Daredevil because I realized, although it was very well done, I wasn't having fun. Just so dire. And this was also "gritty". But glad I stuck around.

YT channels I follow are way overthinking the fact that the hammer prop in this show isn't the same kind of hammer seen in Daredevil, and coming up with all kinds of symbolic contextual in-universe-justification nonsense. Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, people....

Thought it was okay, not great but not terrible overall, though there were some head-scratchers.

I liked how they used sign language, it was interesting that they chose to have so many scenes where the hearing person didn't speak. I appreciated learning of the Choctaw heritage. It might've been a little heavy handed, but was generally good.

I didn't understand why some things happened, or, to be honest, why most of what happened. I felt like I missed something. Why did Maya have a close relationship with Fisk? I couldn't understand why he took her under her wing. I saw Hawkeye but I don't recall if it was established in that. She didn't manifest any powers when she was a child, so I don't understand why Fisk would be grooming someone else's child - especially one with disabilities (no offense) - to be an enforcer of some kind in his criminal empire and/or to succeed him. As I understand, the comics version of the Echo character has "photographic reflexes," which I don't think is the case in this show, or at least it wasn't made very clear to me (maybe I missed something).

I didn't get why, after Maya escaped from Kingpin's goons (who seemed pretty low-rent for someone like Fisk to employ), everyone just went to the Choctaw pow-wow. Fisk's men already established she evaded their tail, so how did everyone decide that was the place to go? Why did Maya put so many people in danger - including her family - by attending the event? Why did Fisk (correctly) assume she'd show up there? She also didn't seem too concerned over her cousin being held by the roller-rink goon squad (I don't understand why she needed to punch her cousin in the face and why "it had to look real," when it was obviously just a diversion designed to get her alone in that storage room).

The ending was prety anti-climactic. I thought the introduction of healing powers was an odd choice, as was the fact that apparently all the women in her family have Choctaw superpowers. For a series that was based on a character established as doing physical stunts, the climax was a letdown.

Also, a big "FU" to Biscuits for not only wrecking but never returning Chula's truck and "fixing" it by (completely unnecessarily) turning it into a monster truck, WHICH CHULA WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE AS A MAIL TRUCK EVER AGAIN.

And how did he do that with $100? That wouldn't have even covered the damage he was already having to fix.

I don't understand what the militia had to do with anything. Why were they attacking the pow wow? It wasn't for Fisk, he already had people to look out for Maya, didn't he? And he already had Bonnie and Chula.

If they were just being their incel selves, rather coincidental they chose the same local event in the middle of nowhere to make their statement.

The attack on the POW WOW was simple retaliation. Fisk was upset that she wasn't there, so he wanted to hurt her. He took Chula & Bonnie to cause even more personal hurt.

If they died in the attack, then it might look like some random act of gun violence, but I'm sure if that didn't draw her out, what he'd have done to them certainly would. People like Fisk &, to an extent, Maya understand power as a means to get what you want. They can imitate emotion, caring, & empathy, but when those don't get the result they want, they'll use power over others to get their desires.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back