Marvel Studios Echo (2024) Disney+ series

The tv commercial bugs me.we have one of those steel chairs. You kick that thing it goes maybe 3 4 feet and your have a badly broken foot. No one short of steve rogers kicks that so it flies like that.

The tv commercial bugs me.we have one of those steel chairs. You kick that thing it goes maybe 3 4 feet and your have a badly broken foot. No one short of steve rogers kicks that so it flies like that.
She's an amputee!

LOL

Trust me... I've ACCIDENTALLY kicked the leg of our dining room table, moved it almost a foot & felt NOTHING. Aluminum, carbon fiber, & a plastic are pretty sturdy.

I'm curious about this one given it will feature Daredevil and Fisk. My general preference is for the powered characters of the MCU rather than the humans but it will be interesting to see where this series goes and the inclusion of the Choctaw culture will be a fresh side of the MCU and that's always worth a watch.

Sadly, this series will probably be only 6 episodes long. It will start strong in ep. 1, kind of drag in ep. 2 - 5, only to hurriedly wrap things up in ep. 6. I hope that doesn't happen, but Disney has been doing so with nearly every Marvel and Star Wars show they've released with the notable exceptions being Loki and Andor.

I'm sorry but the fight doesn't look good to me. Both actors have their stuntmen inserted for some strings. But, especially when it's actually her fighting, she's really slow and telegraphs everything. Punches are wide theatrical haymakers. The side kick from the floor looked more like she was putting out her leg so he could grab it. At one point he has to recoil twice from her punch because she misses her beat.

It's a far, far, far cry from the Netflix DD fights. Looks weaker than even Netflix Iron Fist fighting.

Last edited:
Echo.jpeg

new poster release

I agree that it looks quite choreographed in this low res preview. Looks like most blows don’t connect. I don’t think we’ll get back to Netflix DD ever again, but this looks already more like it than in She Hulk. Perhaps Born Again will get us even closer. In the mean time I’ll check out Echo out of curiosity anyway!

Echo will be released simultaneously around the world at the following times:

• 10 am MYT on 10 January (for Malaysian viewers)
  • 2 am GMT on 10 January (for UK viewers)
  • 9 pm ET on 9 January (for US viewers)
  • 6 pm PT on 9 January (for US viewers)
  • 1 pm AEST on 10 January (for Australian viewers)

I'm sorry but the fight doesn't look good to me. Both actors have their stuntmen inserted for some strings. But, especially when it's actually her fighting, she's really slow and telegraphs everything. Punches are wide theatrical haymakers. The side kick from the floor looked more like she was putting out her leg so he could grab it. At one point he has to recoil twice from her punch because she misses her beat.

It's a far, far, far cry from the Netflix DD fights. Looks weaker than even Netflix Iron Fist fighting.
It's not great but not bad either. To me, it looks more like a dress rehearsal with the camera crew than what's going to be shown in the actual episode. Or it could be the actual sequence but it just hasn't gone through post where they might tweak some things like the lighting to hide some of the flaws in the choreography. It's also possible that they might alter some of those shots digitally in post to make them look like they connect when they clearly don't.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back