Marvel Studios Echo (2024) Disney+ series

I have these exact metal chairs (16 lbs)...no way she can kick it that far and high:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:(n)(n)
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have a cousin that's completely blind & he can't do hardly ANY of the things Matt Murdock can.

I mean, when he caught that rock in the last Spider-Man flick, my family rolled their eyes in disgust & turned the whole movie off.

t6m1O9.gif

They're really leaning into the Choctaw tribal culture for the series, which I really dig. They worked closely with the tribe and the Choctaw Nation even created an educational website to expand on the concepts and myths featured in the show which is great.

I watched the first 2 episodes after work yesterday and they were pretty good. I liked the opening scene in episode 1 with the Choctaw ancestors being introduced as beings that had tapped into some kind of power in the Earth. It reminded me of the really cool episode of What If series 2 with Kahhori's origin story.

I'll be watching episodes 3 and 4 later today, I want to spread them out a bit.

I watched the first 2 episodes after work yesterday and they were pretty good. I liked the opening scene in episode 1 with the Choctaw ancestors being introduced as beings that had tapped into some kind of power in the Earth. It reminded me of the really cool episode of What If series 2 with Kahhori's origin story.

I'll be watching episodes 3 and 4 later today, I want to spread them out a bit.
I just found out that the actress playing adult Bonnie is also the voice actress for Kahhori.

Hey cool. Loved her in that and made no connection… That show is great.

Now I kinda wish Willie Jack was Echo, ha
Love me some Willie jack. The gal who played Jackie was also on Dark Skies through AMC with Zahn McClaren who played Echo's dad, and Big on ResDogs

so i didnt watch this until i rewatched hawkeye, back to back,
this was pretty good, i found it way better than hawkeye,

i also instantly thought of kahhori from the what if series, :)

I loved it. It wasn’t perfect, and it could have been better in some places, but I loved it. Alaqua Cox was fantastic as was the rest of the cast. I really enjoyed everything about the Choctaw nation, the history and flashbacks, and the family dynamic. I thought the fight scenes were great and there were definitely a few times my eyes got a little watery.

Crazy that 2 of the best things I’ve really loved in the last 5-10 years are ‘Prey’ and ‘Echo’.

I really hope we see Maya in some upcoming Marvel movies and/or TV shows.

I loved it. It wasn’t perfect, and it could have been better in some places, but I loved it. Alaqua Cox was fantastic as was the rest of the cast. I really enjoyed everything about the Choctaw nation, the history and flashbacks, and the family dynamic. I thought the fight scenes were great and there were definitely a few times my eyes got a little watery.

Crazy that 2 of the best things I’ve really loved in the last 5-10 years are ‘Prey’ and ‘Echo’.

I really hope we see Maya in some upcoming Marvel movies and/or TV shows.

Well tho not superhero content, as stated above, a lot of Reservation Dogs people in Echo (I hear… haven’t had a chance to watch yet)

Great for just getting that insight into the culture..

I liked it as well, just thought that...

the final fight had a lot of build up but went wzy to fast...ignoring the monster truck bit, multipke baddies and a pissed off fisk, and she figures out how to use powers, give them to others, take everyone down and its done in under 10 seconds. Then 5 minutes later end credits. I like pace but the end was too fasy

I liked it as well, just thought that...

the final fight had a lot of build up but went wzy to fast...ignoring the monster truck bit, multipke baddies and a pissed off fisk, and she figures out how to use powers, give them to others, take everyone down and its done in under 10 seconds. Then 5 minutes later end credits. I like pace but the end was too fasy
I heard their budget was cut and that’s why it was only 5 episodes instead of 6 episodes. Apparently the budget was cut during filming and the 4-5 episodes suffered.

I’ll agree the finale was a little rushed, but I liked if okay because it was personal to her journey and a good completion to her character arc. Plus sometimes it’s nice to not have a huge CGI battle-royal as the finale.

I heard their budget was cut and that’s why it was only 5 episodes instead of 6 episodes. Apparently the budget was cut during filming and the 4-5 episodes suffered.

I’ll agree the finale was a little rushed, but I liked if okay because it was personal to her journey and a good completion to her character arc. Plus sometimes it’s nice to not have a huge CGI battle-royal as the finale.
Last I heard, before the reshoots, Feige called the show "Unreleasable", & during the reshoots, they restructured the story & that involved losing an entire episode.

Also, the original ending had Maya going back to NYC, but after the decision to rework Daredevil: Born Again from the ground up, they weren't sure if Maya would have a part in it or not. That's the reason we had her where she ended up.

Just wondering, and I'm certainly no historian on Native American culture, but in 1200 AD did the Choctaw have the capability to make boards and planks? I'm referring to the flashback episode where they are playing that game. I get the thatched roofs and huts and all, but those "bleachers" seemed to have really well sawed planks for floors.

Again, if they did have that capability, fine, just seemed odd to me. Just a thought.

Just wondering, and I'm certainly no historian on Native American culture, but in 1200 AD did the Choctaw have the capability to make boards and planks? I'm referring to the flashback episode where they are playing that game. I get the thatched roofs and huts and all, but those "bleachers" seemed to have really well sawed planks for floors.

Again, if they did have that capability, fine, just seemed odd to me. Just a thought.
There are much more detailed wooden buildings in Japan that are 1200 years old. So, that was not beyond the ability of the world at that time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back