Jurassic World

Well the Spinosaurus is an intimidating looking animal with its size and the sail on its back, and if they actaully went with having the dinosaurs act like animals, and not monsters, JP3 could have been better, but Joe screwed that one up...

I would love to see Spielberg take the helm again and direct the new one

I don't know if he screwed it up so much as realized what an absurd premise the thing was and decided it would play best as a monster movie. Write it off as one of those "deliberate creative decisions" we're always hearing so much about.

I don't know if he screwed it up so much as realized what an absurd premise the thing was and decided it would play best as a monster movie. Write it off as one of those "deliberate creative decisions" we're always hearing so much about.

The thing is, the first 2 movies depicted the Dinosaurs to be animals, and in part 3, made them into monsters, it just didn't flow with the series...Its a good dinosaur monster movie, but its not Jurassic Park

I still feel they started the slide towards showing them as nothing more than movie monsters in the second one. I honestly didn't feel I was watching living, breathing animals, moreso than mindless monsters that just have to chase humans regardless.

And yes Timmy, with that release date, there is no chance in hell it's gonna be anything with any depth, good story and portraying the dinosaurs as animals. It will no doubt be a pointless CGI fest of mediocrity. Honestly... then why even bother. There is so much to tell about real dinosaurs... yet... the filmmakers and many others apparently think that would be boring or there's no story there... so we'll see the same deterioration as we've seen with all other franchises because those in charge have forgotten how to dream.

We've already seen the chase scenario - 3 times already - and I seriously would like to see a big budget movie that tries to actually capture another type of scenario and bring dinosaurs back to the awe-inspiring feel we got in the first JP. "That's a dinosaur!" is the most profound statement and it rang true as it was a story about a dream to bring real dinosaurs back to life and having succeeded and then watching that dream fall apart because of the greed of one man. There were struggles with keeping the dinosaurs healthy and at the same time, contained. The arrogance of thinking the systems put in place actually worked and the realization that they were not really in control. That was the strongest entry into the series and nothing since has even come close to that type of narrative.

The idiotic rantings of the paleontologist in the second movie about proving anything about real dinosaurs by studying genetically engineered cloned creatures was just flawed and insane. And you never really cared for Dr. Malcolm's character - he was a dick in the first movie... and even more so in the second one... and his kid... oh ******... what a wast of space.

Bring the series back to the awe and wonder of the first one... there are enough monster chase movies out there... bring us something new and spectacular. Oh well... one can dream.

Last edited:
I'd only want Speilberg back if Lincoln showed up riding the back of a Dino - somehow one of those mosquitoes they found actually had Lincoln's blood in his system - and when they bring him back he's more like a cross between Tarzan and the late great President.

The Spinosaurus was only put into JP3 because it was bigger than the T-Rex and they probably thought 'the T-Rex is done'

JP and JP2 really showed them as animals and nothing more and I agree that JP3 put them out as monsters chasing the same people even though they offer no nourishment or are any threat whatsoever.
JP2 they had a reason to chase them, not JP3 in my opinion.

I'd love to see JP4 go back to Isla Nublar (the original 'park') shortly after JP where we can see the old sets, vehicles etc and interact in the park and not 'Site B' which was overdone.
I know the deleted scene in JP2 stated they destroyed everything on Isla Nublar....but as it was deleted we can forget about that!!

I'd want to see a return to JP1 and what it stood for.

Actually, I believe it was Jack Horner who said he was tired of the t-rex being in the spotlight and wanted the Spinosaurus to dethrown the king......what a tool

Oh, great, thanks, Jet. Now NOTHING they could possibly do will live up to my imaginings of Dino-Abe. God, the lead-up ad campaign alone would be worth the price of admission.

"Four-Score and Twenty rrrrrrRRRRAAAAAAARRRGHGHGHGHGOORRRGHGHH!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I believe it was Jack Horner who said he was tired of the t-rex being in the spotlight and wanted the Spinosaurus to dethrown the king......what a tool
There were more than 15 species of dinosaurs they'd bread. Why suddenly introduce a completely new breed, adding a mystery that is never really addressed or explained and is pretty pointless.

And the whole "only focusing on the predators" is pretty boring after a while.

They can easily still use Site B... or even Isla Nublar if they decide that is still functional. Make it a safari movie where people have an adventure in an extraordinary wonderland of prehistoric creatures.

When going on safaris in Africa or any other area with wildlife, there are thrills and joys and dangers. Just no more stupid monster chase movies.

There were more than 15 species of dinosaurs they'd bread. Why suddenly introduce a completely new breed, adding a mystery that is never really addressed or explained and is pretty pointless.

And the whole "only focusing on the predators" is pretty boring after a while.

Oh I completely agree with you...

Tho, I would actually love to see more focus on the Dilophosaurus

Personally, I think it would be cool if they did something involving splicing dino DNA with humans in order to create a super-soldier raptor commando. I feel like that would flow nicely from the originals.

That tool's had it out for T. Rex for years, constantly diminishing the tyrant lizard king as nothing more than a slow, clumsy and stupid scavenger--incapable of predation.

I hope Horner gets eaten by a baby T. Rex in JP4 !

The Wook

The scenes with the two t-rex looking through the windows and then the truck is hanging over the cliff and the windshield is cracking... that part still really gets me for some reason, lol.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back