Jurassic World

15688216217_a4e11be11e_o.png

Star-Lord + Raptor sidekicks! I remember reading the old rumors about the genetically modified Raptors and thinking of silly it sounded, but there they are...

Love that slow/minimal version of the classic theme.

I like the little nod to Jaws, haha!

I dunno I think it could be great. I'm excited to see a new Jurassic title!

That looks really, really good.

Hampster ball aside, of course :p

I didn't like JP2/3 so I'm really hoping this recaptures the magic! Just like bringing Jaws to SeaWorld or Jason to an operating Camp Crystal Lake in part 6, having "civilians" in the mix ups the ante...I really like the direction they went with this.

I'm actually pretty excited for it after seeing the trailer.

This is made me laugh more than it should have

Last edited by a moderator:
Most CG shots in trailers aren't usually final, including for this one. But yeah it is bound to have a more CG feel than the original, even though they are also using animatronics this time.

Hrm. I honestly don't know what to think of this at this point. The idea that they would open the park after everything that happened on those islands alone stretches credulity to the breaking point for me.

I am going to see it. I am not going to criticize it from a trailer that only shows teaser footage. I am going to enjoy it for what it is and not second guess everything. I am. I am. I am!

Hrm. I honestly don't know what to think of this at this point. The idea that they would open the park after everything that happened on those islands alone stretches credulity to the breaking point for me.

Really? You have more faith in humanity than I do! If there's a buck to be made, health and safety be damned has been my observation. Besides, the incidents were fairly trivial and contained, all things considered. A few people died, a little infrastructure was damaged. I'm sure worse things have happened on real building projects. Except maybe the T-Rex in 'Frisco of course :lol

Well corporations and capitalism doesn't always put interests of humanity on priority, hence it's quite believable to me. Either ways, their reasoning and the aspect of backlash for opening the park will be addressed in the movie and is already hinted on their viral site.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about it myself. The big croc looks good, but it does feel like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel a little. Now, if they reference this knowingly it could work, but the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park worked well because they were depicted as animals. It made the unbelievable almost a reality. Trained Raptors are a novelty, but it does cheapen them and pushes this into pure fantasy. Maybe it is a reflection on society - on what some of us expect out of films? I'd bet the kids will love this, but the adults will feel a little cheated.

One thing though - the dino roar near the end, why the hell does every loud sound now need some type of robotic stutter to give it gravitas?

Additionally - The park looks superb! That is another good point. Looks like a high end resort. BUT... What the hell is a spine in a sodastream all about? Are they reusing props from Robocop 2?

Well obviously I'm still going to see it, but the trailer ebbed my excitement a bit. The thrill of the first film was the awe of what was created. I **SAW** a T-Rex. Something that I had imagined since I was a little boy and had captured my imagination. I'm not sure you could ever recreate that. However genetically modified dinosaurs? Meh. The idea of trained raptors (if that's indeed the case) is just dumb.

The park does look good though. Just make it plausible. PLEASE make it plausible enough that I get roped in. The original did that (albeit with science that doesn't work but it sold it well).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back