Doctor Who: 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver Defined Thread!

I just got into the show this year (on episode 2 of season 4). I've been looking at my options for a screwdriver and have been holding out hoping QMX comes through. I guess we'll see how long I'm willing to wait.

I like the design of the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver but I can't help but think that something can be done or modified to it to make it better.

Has anyone besides me realized that the bottom (past the white part) of the 11th doctors sonic is literally taken straight from the cyberking's "crown" from season 4 in "The next doctor"?

Look at the ends just before the thick end

How so? No, by the way I dont have a higher res image. It IS the piece of the screwdriver just before the end cap though, im sure of it

How so? No, by the way I dont have a higher res image. It IS the piece of the screwdriver just before the end cap though, im sure of it

It looks similar, but if you've seen the prop sonic, you'll know it has a very specific shape and was most likely turned for the sonic itself. You are always going to find similarities in the props made by the same artists, but this time I think it's just coincidental they look similar.

Even if you have identified it as the same piece, I don't understand how this helps? It will just prove Robatto made those pieces earlier won't it?

Sorry if this has dampened your hopes...

Although the original prop maker will assure you all teh part were made and not found , I think he took inspiration from an old victorian toilet flush handle, that's a "John" for our USA friends , most 'corri' fans (UK) will know what I mean .

Has anyone on the RPF actually made an eleventh doctor screwdriver? I have the toy I have modified the toy and its just not right. I would like to build one out of metal but has anyone pose plans, schematic, parts list, etc. on how to build this screwdriver. All that seems to be posted all over the RPF is people complaining about the toy, complaining about pictures, arguments about where pictures have come from, but I can't find anything about how to build the damn thing or where to even start. Finally before anyone says anything about "why don't I do it?" I wouldn't have come on here searching for the answer if I knew how to do it would I?

Wow.. welcome to the forums.

Last edited:
Between an anakin starkiller's build thread, and the numerous remote control conversion threads, I daresay that there is a bit more here than toy complaints and image arguments.

SP1989, use the search tool. It is your friend. You will find some some great information if you're willing to work for it.

...and if you're not willing to work for it, you may be in the wrong hobby. :lol

-Nick

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back