14th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver (spoilers)

Looks like they went into the kitchen, picked up a whisk and stuck some LEDs on it. I almost expect it to start spinning. A very 90's/early2000s approach to prop making.

Doesn't look too bad closed but the prongs look stupid open.

Anyone else see a pealed banana
Actually what I see is parts of a lamp. The front end resembles the arms that you mount the lampshade to as well as the space for the lightbulb inside, the four claws look like repurposed lamp legs, and the back end looks like the body of a short lamp. You would think I'm complaining but I'm not - I actually love the new design a hell of a lot and look forward to adding a replica of it to my collection when the regular run toys come out.

I really like it too. I wish I could find out if any parts are found items. Maybe Rubertoe will spill the beans. I agree it looks like a merging of old designs. But, I think that's perfect for 14

Rubbertoe posted this yesterdayt on their instagram account

1690213921802.png

the launch of the rubbertoe is being postponed until Wednesday
Up now…

Sean

So the crackle on the rubber 14 is a decal this time, gives me an idea for something else.
With that price point, its kind of a bummer its a decal but thats a great idea for a cheaper 10th.

I really like this design but I still think the 11th is the best in my opinion.

I think the quality is all there. I'm not concerned with the way the crackle is made. (The old way is basically jut cracked glue paint anyways). But nevertheless, $1500 is a lot of money either way.

Yeah, $1,500 is a lot of money. It's as close as you can get to the real thing, but that's too rich for my blood.

To be fair, using a sticker for the crackle means they will all be the same as the show prop and each other. It makes a lot of sense.

The lighting looks to be simpler than the Capaldi one. It's an interesting design.

I expect the Rubbertoe will have sounds (probably from the toy version) but they don’t want to commit at this early stage.

Having been fortunate enough to visit Nick at his workshop, the quality will doubtless be top-notch.

Expensive but worth it.

I expect the Rubbertoe will have sounds (probably from the toy version) but they don’t want to commit at this early stage.

Having been fortunate enough to visit Nick at his workshop, the quality will doubtless be top-notch.

Expensive but worth it.
I hope you’re right. If they can get sound incorporated, I’d probably splurge for one.

But certainly not willing to drop a deposit on such an expensive piece without confirmation…

Sean

It looks pretty good dimensionally.

I remember my first store bought sonic screwdriver (4th Doctor). It was based on the technical manual drawings, so it was very inaccurate... and there was a typo in the scale on the drawing so the toy was 12 inches long and the handle was 1.5 inches at the base. It had sound that ran on two AA batteries.

I tell this story because the little nitpicks on these modern toys is very unrealistic. These are so much better than the stuff from the original series. They're not perfect, but they are just toys. There are licensed high end props that are practically perfect, but for a prop to play with and carry in your pocket to sonic your computer when it flakes out these are awesome!!
Was that the one in the plastic bag with a fold of cardboard stapled across the top? I have that one, too but the switch broke very early on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back