14th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver (spoilers)

I still have mine. It's a bit...exaggerated in size. ;) Here it is next to my Rubbertoe.
20230801_114451.jpg
20230801_114455.jpg
20230801_114459.jpg

I still have mine. It's a bit...exaggerated in size. ;) Here it is next to my Rubbertoe. View attachment 1725070View attachment 1725071View attachment 1725072
How the heck could they get it so wrong? I know some of the toys were not the correct size but this is crazy.

Did you distress the halo on the Rubbertoe or has it just worn during handling? Mine still looks the way it did when I received it from them. Speaking of Rubbertoe, I'm still disappointed that Rubbertoe never did the other classic sonics like the Pertwee and Davidson ones.

How the heck could they get it so wrong? I know some of the toys were not the correct size but this is crazy.

Did you distress the halo on the Rubbertoe or has it just worn during handling? Mine still looks the way it did when I received it from them. Speaking of Rubbertoe, I'm still disappointed that Rubbertoe never did the other classic sonics like the Pertwee and Davidson ones.
Yeah, the size of the toy is hilarious compared to the actual prop. Sizing it up to fit 1980's grade batteries and electronics is one thing but that was just silly.

As for my Rubbertoe - it looks exactly as I ordered it. I asked Nick to make it accurate to a few screen caps from one of the episodes (Terror of the Zygons, I think) so he distressed it for me. He used to quietly offer a customizing service to turn the 4 into a 5 since there's not too much to change to do that. I know a few people here used to offer their services to turn 4's into 3's. It's been a while. I just wish Nick would to a spring loaded 8 with sound. I love my Russ 8 but having one with sound would be perfect.

Speaking of toys, and sorta back on subject - the regular release toy version of the 14 with silver instead of chrome parts just got teased and it looks good.

Still no word on my Online Exclusive order, i sent them an email but nothing. Never got a confirmation, just a paypal receipt. But i have seen people in the US getting their orders.

I am considering making a few kits, so I can have one myself. But, it's an incredibly complicated piece and might be too much to produce. And the electronics would be a bit of a nightmare for me.

Now, if someone wanted to help me with the electronics, that might make this a bit more possible...

Last edited:
This definitely looks like a blend of 9-12, with a few hints of the 2nd Screwdriver Capaldu used.
As expected, pretty much nothing of the ... most recent of the character is incorporated. Works for me.

The Character Options replica looks like a pretty decent effort for the price.

And if anyone out there wants to lend me a hand on the model, I'm having trouble adding the knurling to the back end pieces
Are you having a problem figuring out the size of the knurling, or how to model it? I can help if you need an explanation on modeling simple knurling, but it's not exactly the same as real knurling looks when done by machine..

I actually made a model of the sonic for 3d printing here: Printables
It's definitely oversized and somewhat simple but it works for me :) I'm working out how big the actual thing should be to know how much to rescale

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back