14th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver (spoilers)

Attachments

• KLID.gif
    KLID.gif
    911.9 KB · Views: 277
Anyone know the likelihood we will get a Wand Company 14 Sonic?
Agree with the poster above - it seems unlikely. They did Tennants and Smiths and then did some small tweaks to Smiths to release it as an early version of Capaldi’s and that’s it. No sign of the later seasons of Capaldi or whatever-her-name-is.
Combine that with the steady decline in ratings throughout both of the last two Doctor's runs and I’m not sure the appeal is there for them.
Finally, they do seem to have a pretty long development time on their products. 14 is supposed to be a brief run before the new guy steps in so by the time they could get a product to market, it would be years after the fact.
I’d guess that IF they are gonna do a new one (and that’s a big IF) , they’d be working on a replica of the new guys sonic and hoping he sticks around long enough and is popular enough to make it worth their while.
The one thing that might make a -4 sonic possible is if Tennant maintains his extreme popularity but the new guy flops and the series continues to fade. At that point a 14 sonic may be a nostalgia piece as the last gasp of life in a dying franchise.
Hopefully that doesn’t happen and the new actor and old showrunner together can revive interest (sorry - I’m terrible with names)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back