Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

From what I can tell, there's kinda two different "versions" of Wonder Woman. One is the "fashion model" approach, which Gal pretty much covers already. The other is the "amazonian warrior" approach, which, frankly, I just don't think it's realistic to expect her to do. She will likely struggle to come even close to building the kind of muscle mass, particularly in her upper body, that would be required to fit that look.

I think this contributes to the difficulty in casting a woman to play the role. In comparison, Superman and Batman have remained physically pretty consistent, and also have benefited from wearing enclosed outfits, which means you can pad them with muscle-like padding if the actor in question isn't nearly as bulky as the character might be (Michael Keaton, for example).

I think, in the end, it'll come down less to her look meeting a particular standard (as long as she's close to one of the two general approaches), and more about her physical presence in the film and capacity in conveying strength through her acting.

Yeah, don't post it if you don't want comments on how lacking the progress really looks. Honestly. I guess they're going for a shredded fitness model look. Not a bulked up X-fitter or bodybuilder. But if she's not bulking that arm won't get much bigger.

Gal said she has made some "progress". Lets hope she means her acting because I'm still not seeing the physical LFMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 287586

Her face looks nothing like Wonder Woman! She doesn't even have the eye color for it. Wtf was WB thinking? Between WB and Fox's latest casting for FF, I'd say they're both snorting the same stuff.

^^^^ Sadly, I don't think you are far off. She's a beautiful woman. Sexy in appearance and accent, but not a "tough" looking chick. Aside from that I hope it turns out for the better.

1911645_10152186139928926_16580693_n.jpg
Here's another selfie of her gym progress......................Hope it's helping her acting.

^^^^ Sadly, I don't think you are far off. She's a beautiful woman. Sexy in appearance and accent, but not a "tough" looking chick. Aside from that I hope it turns out for the better.

Before the movie did you think Antje Traue was tough looking? Was she tough looking in MoS?

I thought she was pretty bada55... just seeing if she's any sort of metric for DC tough chicks.

Antje was always in battle armor though. We look at Wonder Woman and imagine a tight fitting outfit that displays her...ahem, Amazonian assets. Again, those photos, not a good indicator of gains.

Well we don't know when these photo's were taken. Could've been snapped before her training began, kind of a before photo? Then we see the finished result in some location photo's. God I hope so!

So who's in this? Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,and?? almost sounds like they're shooting Justice League or something
who knows? maybe JL WILL be the next film.

I'll still watch it probably.

So who's in this? Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,and?? almost sounds like they're shooting Justice League or something
who knows? maybe JL WILL be the next film.

I'll still watch it probably.

Or Superman is the star, co-starring Batman and everybody else is a cameo. That would be my guess.

Or Superman is the star, co-starring Batman and everybody else is a cameo. That would be my guess.

You'know what'd be funny? they get around to shooting JL and it's two plus hours of Superman and ten minutes of everybody else.....
as to this I suspect it'll be a balance of Superman and Bats but I'd lay odds WW will be set dressing,at most.

Antje was always in battle armor though. We look at Wonder Woman and imagine a tight fitting outfit that displays her...ahem, Amazonian assets. Again, those photos, not a good indicator of gains.
I do believe we are more likely to see her in some kind of battle armor (or civilian clothes) than in that skin tight swimsuit that she's usually pictured in though, which hopefully will make her as tough as Antje. After all, even in the DC animated WW from 2009, the pilot jokes about WW's outfit saying he better find her some decent clothes before cops arrest him for solicitation ! But speaking of this animated movie, I hope she (and the other amazonians) will be pictured as brutal in the movie as they were in the animated. That means heads need to roll !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back