Pirates of the Caribbean 6?

Agreed. The first POTC was an instant classic. But the sequels became kind of a slog. If I come across the sequels flipping channels then I might keep watching for a few minutes. But I never feel like sitting down and watching them for real. The first one still holds up better.

It was a case of Charismatic Supporting Character Syndrome. He steals the show the first time and he gets moved to the forefront. But it never works that well again because he belonged on the side. Steve Urkel. Huge Jackman's Wolverine. Etc.

The Star Wars OT could have made that mistake with Han Solo. George Lucas was smart not to give in to his popularity and shift the focus away from Luke. It had to be tempting. Mark got his face busted up in that car accident. Harrison turned out to have legit acting chops and his star power was taking off more than Mark's. Luke Skywalker's Jedi mentor had been killed off during ANH for pacing reasons, and replacing him was gonna be a difficult. Harrison & Carrie's real-life chemistry was jumping off the screen. Lucas's next big project was a whole franchise starring Harrison.
I thought 4 and 5 were better than 2 and 3, but after 2 and 3 most people didn't want to bother with 4 and 5 to find out.

**caveat, at least that's what i remember when i watch 4 and 5 when the came out on HBO or whatever. Haven't really watched them since. I paid to go see 2 and recall thinking, 'wtf? this is only really half a movie', and then having to wait to see 3 which was basically the other half, but was way overdone. After that, no more money from me - i waited for HBO or whatever (these all came out before streaming was a thing for you youngsters :))

thought 4 and 5 were better than 2 and 3, but after 2 and 3 most people didn't want to bother with 4 and 5 to find out.

**caveat, at least that's what i remember when i watch 4 and 5 when the came out on HBO or whatever. Haven't really watched them since. I paid to go see 2 and recall thinking, 'wtf? this is only really half a movie', and then having to wait to see 3 which was basically the other half, but was way overdone. After that, no more money from me - i waited for HBO or whatever (these all came out before streaming was a thing for you youngsters :))

Fair enough. I don't think I saw anything after #3.

Trying to grab at anything they can that might have any fanbase left for them to get any money from. Next thing you know, they'll be trying for their lesser known films like John Carter and Tomorrowland. They're already trying to do that with TRON fans as it is. They're grasping at straws and hoping one of them has a lifeline.
Tomorrowland was a cool movie. But it was creepy the Clooney had the hots for an android that looked 14.

Tomorrowland was a cool movie. But it was creepy the Clooney had the hots for an android that looked 14.
Except George Clooney didn’t. The kid version of his character did. George Clooney had a hatred for her due to promises she made to him about being a positive influence on the world (which he then believed was a lie because of what The Monitor showed about the future of humanity) and then regret because he realized she never gave up on him being a positive influence while everyone else in Tomorrowland gave up on Earth, even up to her end. At least that’s what I gathered from watch it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back