Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I feel the DESIGN is more realistic. The city looks like a real city, for instance. The bad guys are dressed less foolishly. Events, plot, etc are all obviously as cartoony as any.

Arguing that any work of fiction is REALISTIC is probably futile anyway. Life doesn't follow neat three act structures. It doesn't hand over convenient exposition. There are few deus ex machinas. A work of fiction is by its nature unrealistic.

But Nolan's DESIGN felt more grounded in the real world, what with a converted Army tank instead of a custom corvette for a Batmobile and so forth. Seeing the logic of Wayne going to his own military r and d dept for gear, however preposterous the gear was, at least gave the audience a sense that the gadgets were grounded in semi-plausibleish military gear and didn't just spring out of nowhere.

Last edited:
If it felt more realistic for you that's great - but, it's absolutely not. How is a guy who dresses up as a Batman driving around in an "converted Army tank" any more realistic than a Batman driving around in a high tech sports coupe? One is much more easy to spot and track down the origin of... and the other's just another black car that blend's in to the background and easily traced. Batman's been using "semi-plausible-ish military gear" since (at least) the 70's.

Darker does not mean more realistic.

If it felt more realistic for you that's great - but, it's absolutely not. How is a guy who dresses up as a Batman driving around in an "converted Army tank" any more realistic than a Batman driving around in a high tech sports coupe? One is much more easy to spot and track down the origin of... and the other's just another black car that blend's in to the background and easily traced. Batman's been using "semi-plausible-ish military gear" since (at least) the 70's.

Darker does not mean more realistic.

A high tech sports coupe makes waaaaay less sense to me than the tumbler, which at least could off road for pity's sake. I'm not arguing darkness. I think Keaton's films were super dark. But this is a no win discussion, since it's based on my perception of what makes more sense, so I'm out.

A high tech sports coupe makes waaaaay less sense to me than the tumbler, which at least could off road for pity's sake. I'm not arguing darkness. I think Keaton's films were super dark. But this is a no win discussion, since it's based on my perception of what makes more sense, so I'm out.
Gotham City. Not Gotham in boondocks. A large military-esque vehicle plodding around the streets of Gotham sticks out like a sore thumb - a sports coupe can have more off road capability than you'd think... not that we really ever saw Bats baja-ing on the outskirts of Gotham.

...and there's much more to Batman than just West/Keaton/Clooney/Kilmer and Bale.

It's not about Darker being more realistic for me either. IMO, Keaton was much more brooding. He was even depressing as Bruce Wayne.

Burton's Batman used some very unrealistic set pieces; the gargoyles and giant statues throughout Gotham? Gotham in Nolan's universe was a real looking city...Burtons henchmen; need I say more?

At least Burton's Gothic style sprinkled with Art Deco was consistent, and within reasonable boundaries in its context. The worst Gotham architecture award goes to that ridiculous observatory in Batman & Robin... looked like someone saw Burton's scenery and chose to totally misunderstand it while on acid. Terrible.

Trust me, I'm not knocking Burton's Batman. By far Batman Returns is my favorite of all time. Penguin was the perfect villian, IMO. A very sad character.

Anyways, way off topic....

Ummm...Affleck's bulking well...Yeah. How old is the Batman he's portraying?

Last edited:
Obviously. I thought we were talking movie interpretations here.
No, not really... Batman is much more than just movies. I think the Nolan films are by far the worst representation of him screenwise - yes, I'd take bat-nipples over Bale's Batman; not because the story/acting/production is better but because of what they're attempting to represent. Schumaker's Batman doesn't have this false pretense of realism - it's not pretending to be one thing and doing another. Same with Burton's Batman - it's still a comic book world through his gothic eyes. Nolan is just darker and more realistic - when it's really neither.

If I want (cough) real Batman, I'll read Miller's Batman Year One - still the best Batman story I've seen.

If it felt more realistic for you that's great - but, it's absolutely not.

Well, this conversation of realism in a fictitious world with characters who dress like a grown bat is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think it's fair to say it's not more realistic towards one persons perception just as though I would argue to the contrary. Agree to disagree. I feel that "real world locations" and "real world explanations" such as gear coming from the military, military arms corporations R&D department make things more real for me and I would think other viewers. But if you don't feel the same, then all I can say is I disagree.

Gal said she has made some "progress". Lets hope she means her acting because I'm still not seeing the physical LFMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
galwondernewnew.jpg

Yeah ok guys grow up a bit. Talking about giving a girl a sandwich or a burger just makes you sound like a chauvinistic d***. She's a naturally lean person, and she's trying hard to fill the boots of Wonder Woman, maybe just lay off it.

Yeah ok guys grow up a bit. Talking about giving a girl a sandwich or a burger just makes you sound like a chauvinistic d***. She's a naturally lean person, and she's trying hard to fill the boots of Wonder Woman, maybe just lay off it.

I dont find it chauvinistic at all... Wonder woman has always been a fuller figured woman in all renderings..... Saying she "needs a sandwich" is no big deal to me. If you have ever tried to bulk up when weight training, you would know that you have to eat TON of food to build any kind of mass.
The picture posted above just shows a little tiny bit of lean muscle, she literally needs "a sandwich" to build the mass she needs to portray wonder woman aesthetically. Dont be so sensitive..

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back